1 Replies - 2824 Views - Last Post: 30 January 2011 - 03:45 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

ARToolKit VRML

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

HI, i have one question. A try to make some projects with ARToolKIt as my school project, but I have problem with VRML. When I could compile simpleVRML project (contained in package ARToolKit) in Visual C++ 2008 Expres Edition (or 2010) on Windows 7 a try some errors: error 2001 unresolved external symbol with libARvrml.lib and when I ignore this library, a try only 4 errors bud 2019 unresolved external symbol
1>Linking...
1>object.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _arVrmlLoadFile referenced in function _read_VRMLdata
1>simpleVRML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _arVrmlDraw referenced in function _main
1>simpleVRML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _arVrmlTimerUpdate referenced in function _Idle

Can someone help me?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ARToolKit VRML

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: ARToolKit VRML

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

The unsresolved external error means that the linker can not find a class/function/variable etc. that was defined in the code. This is generally due to a missing library or object file.

When working with external libraries you need to ensure that the linker knows where to find all of the libraries it needs (by adding them to the library path).

generally speaking you need to ensure that the library was built with the same compiler tool chain as you are using for development of your app. So ensure you have the VS2008 library or the VS2010 library.

Often times when using a library you need to build the library before you can use it. Ensure that you follow the documentation for your library.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1