5 Replies - 3622 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2011 - 02:53 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Mishra*

Heart Card Game in C++?

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:17 AM

Can you please provide me some information about how much time it would take to write a Card game software like "Heart"? Please suggest the language(C, C++, JAVA, etc) I should use for this purpose.

Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Heart Card Game in C++?

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Heart Card Game in C++?

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

We can't tell you the answers to either, since we do not know how experienced a coder you are, which languages you have experience with and the specification for the game.

Also, we can't tell you how you schedule yourself. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_Mishra*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

I have 2 years of experience in C++ and 6 months in JAVA. I can work 6 hrs a day. Can you please provide some approximate figure?
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

6 Months. Approximate enough?

I can't even give you an educated guess, we don't know how proficient you are in C++, what your work speed is, what assets you will need or anything. Get a piece of paper and plan out a timeline yourself, do you think our approximation would be better than your worked out timeline and your knowledge of how you work?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

Only you know how long a project will take you. Card logic is pretty simple, but some students suffer for weeks worrying it out, while some experts here can pound out the same logic in hours, if not minutes.

Interface is a huge variable. A text game is far simpler to program that it's graphic cousin. The graphic interface can be simple, or have complex elements like drag and drop. Card faces could take weeks, or you could just grab something public domain.

A programmer can take a long time debugging or a long time polishing, depending on skill and inclination. The biggest variable is still you. Even if you took the time to worry out a complete project plan ( not a trivial thing ), the numbers are still dependent on the skill of the developer.

We can't know your skill. However, it bodes ill that you would demand a fixed answer to a dynamic question that anyone with 2+ years programming should already know the answer to.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#6 Guest_Mishra*

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hi,

I thank you all for reply!

Yeah, you r write. But I am totally new to this games/card-games programming and have no idea about how it is done. Anyway, I found it helpful a bit!

Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1