2 Replies - 680 Views - Last Post: 23 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Wizz-bang; awesome controls?!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

We work with a pretty graphical IDE. The ability to quickly create and drop repeatable controls is awesome. I always get a kick out of the 'Hollywood OS' always presented in movies, and occasionally try and whip up a wizz-bang control that could mimic something I saw but would be actually useful. Has anyone out there created a control based off a movie; hell how about a control that was just graphically slick? I would love to see some screen shots of controls you created in .NET and can plunk down in an app. Sure Samurize helps make some dials for your pc, but I am talking about functional and pretty.

http://www.npr.org/t...oryId=122874292
http://wikibin.org/a...ing-system.html

Now that I am thinking about it - this could be a fun reoccurring challenge. Start with "make a pretty *AND* functional control of type X". Where X could be a grid, label, some sort of tab system, or a gauge.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wizz-bang; awesome controls?!

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wizz-bang; awesome controls?!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

Oakily-dokily - battleship gray for everyone!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wizz-bang; awesome controls?!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

I've just recently, within the past 2 months or so, began teaching myself how to build asp.net controls. I'd love to see some challenges in this regard in order to get some ideas on new things to try. So far most of what I've done has been extending existing controls, like the gridview, nothing very fancy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1