1 Replies - 1175 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

PHP Shopping Cart Recommendations

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:02 AM

Currently we are using X-Cart Pro. I like it a lot, but as it's build completely with smarty template files, and it's just a complete PAIN IN THE ASS to design with or change anything about. I want something with easy customization. Something I can pop into dreamweaver and see. Any recommendations?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP Shopping Cart Recommendations

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP Shopping Cart Recommendations

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

View Postsymphonicreverb, on 27 Nov, 2006 - 09:02 AM, said:

...but as it's build completely with smarty template files, and it's just a complete PAIN IN THE ASS to design with or change anything about. I want something with easy customization. Something I can pop into dreamweaver and see. Any recommendations?

Smarty is a good thing. I love it, and swear by it. How experienced are you with XHTML? I wouldn't use Dreamweaver at that sort of development level (the platform I work on in normal intervals was written originally in Dreamweaver...thank god for the rewrite) If you're not very experienced, I have a buddy who uses Joomla which makes it easy for him to block out parts of the site and manage his shopping cart, products, etc. That might be what you're looking for, but I think it's a step in the wrong direction. Become the designer/developer or hire one, because if you've got Smarty templating already in place with your shopping cart now, you're in the most perfect position. Separation of code and HTML is the best thing since sliced bread (opinion, but I've seen it both ways, and manageability is 100% better that way).

Just a suggestion, but might be food for thought.

rockstar_
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1