4 Replies - 1108 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2011 - 05:19 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Making a parser?

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

I been writing a larger project, and as part of the project i need to make standard SQL lex and syntax analyzer - parser. Since i relatively new to this topic, and there are many experienced members on this forum, i have few questions:

1. Since SQL is kinda common, are there already made parsers that can be downloaded - like some libraries end etc...?

2. If 1. is not the case what is the best way to make a parser. Since this is such lenghty question, i dont expect to to write it here - recommend some tutorials, etc..

Any and all advice is much appriciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making a parser?

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making a parser?

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

You could try JSqlParser. If you want to go lower level than that, go back to your Discrete Math and Language Design courses. Look at things like natural languages, grammars, parser trees, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 03 February 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

You could try JSqlParser. If you want to go lower level than that, go back to your Discrete Math and Language Design courses. Look at things like natural languages, grammars, parser trees, etc.

Basically i just want to check syntax, and if there are same errors with it, to print them. Although JSqlParser is quite useful tool it doesnt accomplish this, or at least from what i have red.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Perhaps the Eclipse parser is more of what you are looking for. I'm sure if you do a quick search on Google you'll find many more results. When I searched, I also saw something about Apache Derby. I'm not that familiar with this technology, but it might be worth looking into. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 03 February 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Perhaps the Eclipse parser is more of what you are looking for. I'm sure if you do a quick search on Google you'll find many more results. When I searched, I also saw something about Apache Derby. I'm not that familiar with this technology, but it might be worth looking into. :)

Yeah, this eclipse parser is just what i was looking for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1