1 Replies - 543 Views - Last Post: 06 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Server wont recognize shortcuts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

Ok so I am extremely new to hosting a server.
Apache 2.2.

First my sever is linked to H:Server. Say I want to link it to H:Music. Obviously the music folder is not within my server folder. Is there a way for me to do this? I made H:server/documents, the nput a shortcut of my music folder in my my documents folder with no success.

this is what I've used to link to the documents folder. Is there something I can do to link to folder on the same drive but outside the server folder?
<a href="/documents" class='text_format'>Documents</a>

My reason for wanting this is I have set it up on my home pc for access to my files anywhere, but there are some on the drive that I dont want accessed. I also dont want to have to have 2 instances of the 500GBs of data.

Thanks for any help in ADV :) If anyone could answer this or point me in the right direction I would be very happy. and sorry for not being clear, like I said im new :P

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Server wont recognize shortcuts

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Server wont recognize shortcuts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

first off, in windows, you would have H:\Server

As to what you are specifically trying to accomplish, I am still kinda confused.... if you want to link to a folder hierarchically higher, try using .. which means, a folder higher. Example:

if you are in D:\www\docs\ and want to use a folder in D:\www\images you could do something like this: ..\images\ This would go up one folder (directory), which is your www directory, and then into the images directory.

If you are trying to access files and or folders on a different server there are a couple different ways. The first I would try, is as such: \\[server name or IP]\C$[if windows]\www\blah
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1