4 Replies - 718 Views - Last Post: 21 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

#1 Guest_Aziz*

exam for IT

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

Plese anybody tell me which exams for certificates will help a IT student to get job
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: exam for IT

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: exam for IT

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

Certificates aren't really worth the paper they're printed on. You can get certificates from so many different places on the web that basically result in you sending them money and them sending you a piece of paper. Unless you're going for a few very specific certifications, they're mostly going to be a waste of time and money. Getting a degree will help your chances at landing a job, but the most important thing you can have when looking for a job is a portfolio that shows your skills. Work on programs that will push what you already know and make you better for completing the challenges. Once you have a portfolio that is deserving of a person who works in the industry, you can start looking for that dream job. This doesn't mean you can't look while building a portfolio. You can look for full time work, or even do some contract work and use the pieces of code that you write for these jobs as pieces of your portfolio.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Software Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Certificates aren't really worth the paper they're printed on.

This.

Go for a degree. If you already had the chance at college, then you took the wrong path. However, it's never too late to go back. Without a degree in the US, expect to be flipping burgers unless you have some serious skills.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

If you cant go for a degree then get certification from a recognised organisation like microsoft or cisco
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Without a degree in the US, expect to be flipping burgers unless you have some serious skills.

You can get a job as a developer without a diploma, although I'm sure having a diploma probably makes it a lot easier. Speaking from experience, you can even land a career as a developer without a high school diploma if you can convince the right people that you know what you're doing. Of course i'm not saying that a diploma is a waste or anything like that, and I am now going to school to get one myself, as they definitely help and I would recommend anyone with the opportunity to go ahead and pursue one before joining the workforce. That just isn't an option for everyone, but that doesn't mean that they can't teach themselves and still become successful, it just may take a little longer.

This post has been edited by Nakor: 21 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1