2 Replies - 568 Views - Last Post: 13 February 2011 - 12:44 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

ColdFusion Development Environment

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Hello all,

I've never figured this out and decided to give it a shot again recently. Following the instructions in the Adobe link below I have reinstalled CF9 multiserver config and Apache web server.

My link

So now my root for localhost points to C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs. Everything works great.

So here is my question. I'm trying to get organized. I play with a few sites. Can I set up my /htdocs
folder like so below and have each site has their own root.

IE

htdocs
---Site1
---Site2
---Site3

Up till now I have been just moving the needed site into the htdocs equivalent (I was using built in server prior to this.
) when I need to work on it etc.

Surely this isn't the only solution? Do I handle this in CF Admin or Apache or both. What do you do to manage multiple sites?

Thank you.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ColdFusion Development Environment

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: ColdFusion Development Environment

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

What you need to search for is VirtualHosting in Apache HTTPD. VirtualHosting is setting up Apache to host different domain names in different directories.

I would suggest taking a look at the ACME guide. I can't find the link right now, but you should be able to google it. It walks through setting up a development environment with Apache, ColdFusion, MySQL, and Eclipse.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: ColdFusion Development Environment

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

@xheartonfire43X

Thank you

After reading ACME I still was having some issues but found this which cleared it all up.
My link
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1