3 Replies - 1328 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Multiple Page Form

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

I'm about to start work on a large form that I want to separate into multiple pages for ease of use. (The pages will all be part of a single file, I'm talking like a ?step=1, ?step=2, etc. kind of thing.)

I'm wondering the best way to do this. The form itself is to create an email to be sent to the site owner containing a customers information.

The first possibility I considered would be to store the form information in a temporary database entry that will be read from once the user reaches the final page and goes to submit the form. I'm wary about that because I would have to handle each page separately to insert the info into the db , so going back to modify any information would be a mess for the customer. I'm wondering if this is a case for AJAX?

Would that be a good option? Or would it be better to just keep passing the form data through each page and store it in hidden fields? Or is there another more practical option I'm not seeing? Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Ntwiles: 15 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Multiple Page Form

#2 Dormilich  Icon User is online

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Multiple Page Form

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

use an accordion form. cf. http://www.alistapar...ccordion-forms/
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

That's very cool. Sorry for the delay I wanted to get a start on trying out an accordian form to see if I have any questions. It seems to be just the method I need to pull this off. Thanks for the link.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Dormilich  Icon User is online

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

sure. ALA posts really good articles (e.g. afaik, the Suckerfish Dropdown was posted there for the first time)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1