3 Replies - 1953 Views - Last Post: 18 February 2011 - 11:12 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

wireless network automatic login script

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

Alright my internet at school is really stupid! I have to keep logging in every 90 min. So in other words every 90 min my internet goes down and I have to log back in via a password and user name. I want to write a power shell script or a cmd command that keeps me logged into the internet. Somewhat like Linux does! If anyone can provide me with any info that would be awesome thanks so much.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: wireless network automatic login script

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: wireless network automatic login script

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

It seems to me that they are running server-side software to prevent users from taking up bandwidth when they are not actively browsing the web and probably knocks out those who are always running torrent clients as well. If that is in fact what they are doing, there really isn't a batch script that could keep your connection alive.
If it was a project left up to me by the school, I would have the server periodically sending out deauth packets and set up a proxy which would require login to connect. That would have the effect that you are experiencing and unless you have a way of stopping the deauth packets, you're pretty much stuck with logging in every 90 minutes.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

WEll I forgot to mention that the way the network is set up. There is a way to keep you logged into the internet you can go to the schools webpage and download there Cisco client and they also make you install Symantec and a bunch of other usless stuff that I hate. (it takes up too much of my cpu usage) - I really dont want to deal with Cisco anymore. But when I login to linux It keeps me logged into the internet automatically. I am wondering if there is a powershell script that will do essentially the same thing?
Thanks so much
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong but as far as I know Windows shell scripting is vastly overshadowed by that of Linux systems and lacks the means and power to do what you are wanting.

What it comes down to for you whether you want to trade some CPU load for a constant connection or stick with the logging in and keep the processing power. I doubt you will need any of the "useless stuff" just for the permanent login.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1