2 Replies - 399 Views - Last Post: 17 February 2011 - 01:23 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

linux command line programming using pipeline

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hello all,

I have this, maybe, silly question for you.

I have a project where I am supposed to use a webpage. This page is having a textbox where I am supposed to give a sentence (text), as input, and press a submit button to have the results that I am looking for. My problem is that I have to do all that through linux command line, using pipeline. Do you think that this can be done? I am not experienced at linux so while looking for information related to what I have to do I found the curl command but this one returns the page source code. Do you have something to suggest / recommend on how I should go on dealing with that issue?

Thank you in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: linux command line programming using pipeline

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: linux command line programming using pipeline

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

The wording of this makes it seem as though you are required to do this for a class or a job, or perhaps trying to learn a few things in hopes to "hack" something. Why is it that you are required to do this in such a way?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: linux command line programming using pipeline

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

I agree with -=m0n1k3r=-, if this were a school or work (legitimate) project you would most likely have an actual source, & thus you could use $_GET values in the url, or even an API for the website. But since you specified that you are required to do this from the Linux Command line, I too, can only imagine that the intent of this project is malicious in nature.

** Topic Closed **

** Edit **
In the event that this isn't to be used for malicious purposes, the fact is that other could. The automation that one would have from the Linux Command line could use this to brute force logins, or other automated attacks with filled in forms.

Also, there is no simple command, or even with Curl, to my knowledge, that this could easily be done. I have closed this topic because the malicious nature outweighs any positive uses for this. Sorry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1