6 Replies - 895 Views - Last Post: 08 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Overflow Problem

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi I'm having an overflow problem on my website, Blogvetica.

Although I've hidden the bottom scrollbar with css, I just can't work this out. For some reason everyone has the ability to scroll to the side, and the page loads off to the side on the iPad or the iPhone. Please help thank you very much.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Overflow Problem

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Overflow Problem

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

In Firefox, all I'm seeing is a comments form that is a little too big for your layout / template, same in Chrome.. don't have a mobile browser on hand at the moment. It shouldn't be too difficult to just give your inputs a custom width. Is this a custom theme, or is it off of the Wordpress theme db? Do you know how to get at your theme's stylesheet?

When I zoom in a whole lot, the view that tends to be the standard for mobile browsers, I have trouble navigating from side to side. Also, in your wigitized footer, the forms seem to disappear off the edge in this view. I've seen this effect before a few times when element placement depends on sloppy JS.

Can you try to be more specific about the problem you want us to look into here, or about exactly how to duplicate the errors you're talking about so we can see what you mean?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Thank you for your reply, andwilley. This is the main problem here.

And yes it is a custom theme, designed off of Starkers by Elliot Jay Stocks.

Starkers is a stripped down version of TwentyTen, the default theme for wordpress.

This post has been edited by Ooh: 17 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

In both of my browsers, your site is centered, not left justified like it is in your picture. If you've made changes you haven't committed live, that could help me help you out. If I can't get the problem to repeat itself, however, I can't do a whole lot of debugging with a jpeg.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

View Postandwilley, on 17 February 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

In both of my browsers, your site is centered, not left justified like it is in your picture. If you've made changes you haven't committed live, that could help me help you out. If I can't get the problem to repeat itself, however, I can't do a whole lot of debugging with a jpeg.

Thank you for your reply, but I'm afraid that you aren't hearing me properly. The site looks perfect, until you side-scroll right (and believe me it's possible unless you are running a mac). The jpeg that I have supplied is what happens when you side-scroll to the right. Thanks again for your reply, I would appreciate any extra guidance please.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

Unfortunately, I can't get your problem to repeat itself in any of my browsers. I can see you've been adding content and tweaking the layout, site looks good. If your problem still persists, best of luck. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Site looks nice man im getting into CMS layout and theme building and i have to say this ones very nice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1