• (3 Pages)
  • +

34 Replies - 1483 Views - Last Post: 22 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Morrowind

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

Bought the game on Steam kind of late in the game and I'm glad I did. This game so far is fantastic, the graphics take a little getting used to but after an hour I don't even notice them.

Anyways, the point of this thread: I'm walking from Balmora to another town way up north. Hopping - because I like leveling my acrobatics. I hit the rest key to recover my fatigue and suddenly I hear a sharp grunt from behind and this all in black ninja like assassin starts attacking me. After a rough battle (remember, I'm still level 1 damn you!) and kill the son of a bitch and end up stealing his gear:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Buy/pirate/borrow this game ASAP! It's really fun despite its age!

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 18 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Morrowind

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Morrowind

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

I am not sure if I ever finished Morrowwind. I know at some point I picked up Oblivion and found that to be more fun.

Good game none the less. Just dated... and those f'n flying sky rat/manta ray things can die in hell.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Anytime I've ever tried playing through it, I don't get very far before I get distracted by other games. Even though I own the full box set with the expansions and everything.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

I can't get past the god awful controls and user interface plus the lack of there being quest pointers and fast travel. And despite having a fast character, it felt like I was wading through Jello.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

don't pirate the game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 18 February 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

don't pirate the game.

This. It's a pretty old game, its not like you can't find it cheap..

I got the game back when the Game Of The Year Edition first came out. Never did make it to doing any of the extra content that came in the package, but I'm still playing it from time to time. I have to agree with WolfCoder about traveling as the only problem I really have with it. A trip to explore some out of the way place far from a outpost/town can very easily turn into a frustrating trudge back. There have been a few times where I've gotten a little fed up with it and ended up stopping for the night.

On a side note, nice to see I'm not the only one up there hopping around like an idiot. Sergio, between the two of us, I think we're giving the people of Balmora a really bad opinion of us outlanders. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

I loved morrowind simply because it let me play with a terminal, fun as hell to do certain things :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

I have played Morrowind, Oblivion and are anxiously awaiting the new Elder Scrolls game Skyrim to come out xD

<nerd>Btw that ninja guy that attacked you is the part of a group of assassins known as the morag tong</nerd>

This post has been edited by D.Mulroy: 18 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

I thought he was from the Dark Brotherhood, since he was wearing their armor.

I was playing last night something amazing happened. I'm walking around some barren ashland and find some ruins shambles. After 20 minutes of exploring this place, I find the door quite busted up, and enter some daedric worship temple. I'm scared shitless because the dead silence contrasted very well with the ambient noises of outside. All I can hear is the flicker of some torches.

A couple of doors later, I find the worshipping main room - there's this GIANT statue of a demon and in the middle a skeleton surrounded by emeralds and rubies and jammed into its chest cavity is a glass dagger, worth 4000 coins! As I step up to the middle shrine to get the dagger, three cultists come out and start ruining my shit. After a long batle and 5 health potions later, I kill them and loot the bodies. Thinking I'm safe, I grab a couple of emeralds, and as I pull the expensive dagger out of the chest cavity of the skeleton, this DEMON fucking materializes right in front of me and takes me down in three hits! Nearly threw my mouse across the room. :D

I press the quick reload key, and do the same steps only this time I grab the dagger and fucking BOLT out of there. When I step outside I'm greeted with this HUGE sandstorm, apparently I upset some demons underground. :D

What a great fucking game, I'm really glad I got it. So far 8 hours in and this is only vanilla Morrowind mind you! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Heh, I remember stumbling into a ruin on Dagon Fel. Somewhere inside that ruin I snuck up on what I thought was just a normal mage. Somehow managed to get a sneak critical (as a heavy armor + axe using character) and kill him. I was even more surprised then when I found a daedric war-axe in his loot. At the time I only had iron/dwemer equipment too :bananaman:

Then there's the boots of blinding speed of course.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

All this talk makes me want to install mine and see if I can find time to play through it for once.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

View PostTethik, on 19 February 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

Heh, I remember stumbling into a ruin on Dagon Fel. Somewhere inside that ruin I snuck up on what I thought was just a normal mage. Somehow managed to get a sneak critical (as a heavy armor + axe using character) and kill him. I was even more surprised then when I found a daedric war-axe in his loot. At the time I only had iron/dwemer equipment too :bananaman:

Then there's the boots of blinding speed of course.

Are the boots of blinding speed meant to be found early on? I found my pair (the quest) in my first hour of playing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

View Post.Aaron, on 18 February 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

View Postsupersloth, on 18 February 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

don't pirate the game.

This. It's a pretty old game, its not like you can't find it cheap..

I found it cheap on Amazon and it comes with all the stuff, and I think it's still being manufactured and sold so they're still making money off of your purchase. Not sure about that last part though, but you can still find the box in any store that sells PC games!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

Without going to check I am 99% certain that you can pick up both Morrowind and Oblivion GOTY editions with all the bells and whistles for not very much. I'm hooked on torchlight at the moment, but the Elder Scrolls Series are always there when I need to go grind/wander/kill everything/randomly burn a few things 83 RPGs <3
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

Yeah i never did end up finishing that game, i used to set my acrobatics to a high level stat then jump, it would take a good hour+ to land depending on how high you set it. I then made the mistake of becoming a vampire.

Really good game though, wasted alot of hours playing it when i was younger.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +