4 Replies - 649 Views - Last Post: 22 February 2011 - 01:19 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Beginner

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hello, My name is Yellowrose48. I am a beginner using Visual Basic Express. I really like this site, it's very interesting. My question is what is the difference between vb and vb6 and vb.net. Is vb express good for me to learn?

This post has been edited by Yellowrose48: 20 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Beginner

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Beginner

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostYellowrose48, on 20 February 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Hello, My name is Yellowrose48. I am a beginner using Visual Basic Express. I really like this site, it's very interesting. My question is what is the difference between vb and vb6 and vb.net. Is vb express good for me to learn?

I have experience in VB6, C, C++ and python. Surely VB6 is very easy to learn, but does not give you many resources. And to make small programs you have to enter several lines of code.
Vb.net I never used :huh2:
That's my opinion
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

VB6 is short for VB version 6.0. There were 5 earlier versions of it that were fully compatible with VB6. VB.Net is a newer language that is a departure from these, meaning that programs written in the earlier language can't run with VB.Net.

VB6 is a bit simpler and also less powerful than VB.Net. VB Express is the free version of VB.Net. By all means go ahead and work with it, and also post questions that come up to the VB.Net forum instead of here.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostBobRodes, on 20 February 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

VB6 is short for VB version 6.0. There were 5 earlier versions of it that were fully compatible with VB6. VB.Net is a newer language that is a departure from these, meaning that programs written in the earlier language can't run with VB.Net.

VB6 is a bit simpler and also less powerful than VB.Net. VB Express is the free version of VB.Net. By all means go ahead and work with it, and also post questions that come up to the VB.Net forum instead of here.

Hey Bob thanks for the great reply. I feel much better about learning VB Express now. I'm new to this site and I haven't gotten familiar with things yet. Your advice was great!!! Thanks Again!!!! Yellowrose48
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

You're most welcome. Glad I could help! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1