• +
  • Last »

110 Replies - 3825 Views - Last Post: 13 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

The Prediction Thread

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

I think it would be cool to start a thread about predictions and see how many of us actually get it right. I'm sure that each and every one of you have a gut feeling about something that you think is about to happen or will happen in the not too distant future. Think about how many predictions Gene Roddenberry made, without the dates of course, but he still nailed quiet a few things that came to pass within fifty years that were the things of dreams in his time. Another man that was a prophet without a shadow of doubt in my opinion was Edgar Cayce. If you've never read about his predictions they are absolutely fascinating. Take some time and look at his life, its unbelievable.

"We know that Edgar Cayce correctly predicted the stock market crash and Great Depression of 1929, the beginning of World War II, the shifting of the Earth’s magnetic poles (which scientists confirmed the beginnings of on a 2004 NOVA TV show titled, “Magnetic Storm”), and the coming of El Nino and La Nina, stating that changing temperatures of the deep currents in the Pacific Ocean would affect weather patterns."

He's absolutely fascinating and I guarantee if you know nothing about him and do just a little research you will be amazed.

Whether its war, advances in technology, someone you feel wont make it another day past "x", or anything else you have that gut feeling about put it down and the day it happens you get to pop back in and tell everyone "I told you so".

My first prediction here: Israel and Iran will be at War before the end of the year.
Why: I just don't feel that they will wait another year. Stuxnet has already delayed Iran's nuclear program, been discovered and can probably not do much more in stalling advancements. The region is a mess and the Suez Canal is open to them. Israel knows it's time and they can't let Iran stockpile nukes. So sometime this year (I would guess in the next 3 months), I'll say I told ya so :)

On a sidenote:

The construction of the worm was so advanced, it was “like the arrival of an F-35 into a World War I battlefield,” says Ralph Langner, the computer expert who was the first to sound the alarm about Stuxnet. Others have called it the first “weaponized” computer virus.

Simply put, Stuxnet is an incredibly advanced, undetectable computer worm that took years to construct and was designed to jump from computer to computer until it found the specific, protected control system that it aimed to destroy: Iran’s nuclear enrichment program.

The target was seemingly impenetrable; for security reasons, it lay several stories underground and was not connected to the World Wide Web. And that meant Stuxnet had to act as sort of a computer cruise missile: As it made its passage through a set of unconnected computers, it had to grow and adapt to security measures and other changes until it reached one that could bring it into the nuclear facility.

When it ultimately found its target, it would have to secretly manipulate it until it was so compromised it ceased normal functions.

And finally, after the job was done, the worm would have to destroy itself without leaving a trace.

You can bet this came directly from the military or military's of a couple countries.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The Prediction Thread

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The Prediction Thread

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

I predict that I won't be with a woman within the next 6 months. gabehabe, on the other hand...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 KYA  Icon User is online

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

I said that Chuck and Sarah would hook up halfway through season three just like their counterparts in the O.C. Nailed it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

View Postxclite, on 21 February 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

I predict that I won't be with a woman within the next 6 months. gabehabe, on the other hand...

Yer gonna hook up with gabehabe? I've gathered from what many have posted that that's not too tough to do. Kinda like predicting water will be wet ain't it?

For a less obvious prediction, I think the Canucks will break the current dry spell for Canadian teams and will win the Stanley Cup and I think they'll be beating Boston to do it. I love my Lightning but they lack the defense and experience for them to go all the way.

I also predict Brett Favre will un-retire and come back as Egypt's next ruler.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 CTphpnwb  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

I predict SSDs will be mainstream within three years. Sooner if Apple's next refresh of the Macbook Pro line includes them as standard components instead of build to order.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

kya wins the thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

My next Prediction: Charlie Sheen will be dead before the end of the year.
Why: It goes without saying how much of a problem he has with narcotics. He also has a huge problem with alcohol. If he only did one and not the other I would say he may last, not doing both in extreme excess the way its reported. Right now he's doing "good" and is supposed to be sober. Take it from first hand experience, his attitude towards his issues is a direct reflection of his seriousness. I heard him talking to a radio jock the other day in two different interviews in as many days. In both he was just flippant about the whole thing actually saying stuff like "crack is ok if you can manage it socially" and in referring to going back to work "they better get me now while they can, I unravel very quickly." And he does. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be. There's always a handful of "Hollywood Stars" or musicians that die each year from overdose. I think '11 is Charlie's year.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

I predict the rapture will not occur on May 21st of this year.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

Shit I hope you're right. Rapture's scare me...I mean how can it not??? Walking Dead, 5 headed dragons..etc etc
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

I predict that muammar al ghaddafi will be assassinated.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Oh course if absynthes prediction comes true in the next next three months about the Iran and Israel war and today being the 21st of Feb, the rapture could happen on May 21st of this year. Way to go.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

I predict that i will be one year older by the end of this year! Also on top of that prediction. I predict that i will be slated for posting this :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

An addition to my original prediction. Two million protesters in Egypt chant: “To Jerusalem we are heading, martyrs in the millions”.

I'm telling you, the world is so fucked up. I really can't understand how the youth of these nations still hold so much hatred in their hearts for each other. I would think that they could see how awesome this world could be without all of that. It's amazing to me! I've seen alot of the Muslim chants and rallies about "Death to the West" or "Death to Israel" and I always thought it was the old clerics that were mainly leading these ravings. But it's not. The youth have just as much hatred as the old men do. And people keep kidding themselves, actually I think it's more of a way to ease the worry that comes with facing the truth, by saying that it's these radical groups. It's not though. Two million people in the streets of Egypt chanting this shit and people say its just radicals? That's crazy! It's all of them. There wasn't a call to the nutjob radicals to come see this cleric speak....it was just the crowd that was there at the moment and they were all chanting this!

Can some of you explain this to me? I know we have a large and diverse group that come in here, some being Muslim. What's the deal? Why does so many of your religions followers have SO MUCH HATE and want to kill? That's just not normal. It's barbaric. Normal human beings can't live with that in them and say they are normal. If you decide to explain it all away to all the problems along the West Bank or Gaza or whatever, I cant accept that. Most of you aren't touched by all that, you're living in your homes far away not even around all of that. Hatred like that is formed when someone comes into your home, your house... not someone on the televisions, and rapes and kills your family in front of you. I just am completely blown away each time I see something like this...and it's rare cause I dont go looking for it. What is wrong with the Muslim faith that it breeds this stuff in all its followers (two million chanting martyr shit spur of the moment)?

Anyway, by the end of the year Israel is probably fucked. My prediction still stands and I feel stronger about it each and every day. I actually would like to amend it and say Israel will attack first trying to take out the nukes, then that brings in Egypt/Jordan and then its a massive and terrible thing. This will absolutely change the world as we know it, as everyone knows it. If I was guessing it may just be a world war. Ugh that sucks! Those warships that Iran sent to The Suez Canal were a test of whats going to happen when they start stacking them up.

Here's a great article from the Atlantic that was written about the certainty of all this a couple of years ago:

Point of No Return

This post has been edited by absynthe: 23 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

I predict pizza.

mmm, pizza.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

Dammit...now I'm getting hungry. My rant and your pizza reference have got my tummy yelling at me. Share?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »