Redirect from Login

Multiple Users on Single Login

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 1572 Views - Last Post: 29 April 2002 - 09:59 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Redirect from Login

Posted 29 April 2002 - 08:58 AM

Having jumped into a "Login" mode... I am ok with setting up an actual DB driven Login... however I am looking for help in advancing it to where for example... at a single Login area, multiple users may access their area...

ie: User A log's in using his Username & Password and gets transported automatically upon acceptance to User-A's Area (ie: site.com/user-a/)!
User B log's in to the same admin area and using her Username & Password gets transported to User-B's Area, a different address (ie: site.com/user-b/)...

The research I have put into this is only identifying a common login in and I have not been able to advance on this....

Can anybody help?!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Redirect from Login

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Redirect from Login

Posted 29 April 2002 - 09:59 AM

Simple enough,

Simply make your users table in your database have another field for 'area' in that field you will simply put a number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc...)

Then make another table that will contain the area URL's (this is good practice for database normalization) and have an ID number for each area which will correspond back to the user area number you set. So have a field in the 'area' table (not field, but a table) set to ID and URL of the area.

Alrighty, now that you've got that all done you can create a user and put an 'area identifier' which will relate to that area table. then whenever someone logs in, you will just pull that area field and set it as a cookie or something so that it follows them throughout their visit, then whenever you needa see what area they are supposed to be in you just look at what number is set in the cookie and do a database call to the area table which will return the correct URL where they need to go.

Simple enough? if not I can do a DB structure for ya in mySQL :)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1