6 Replies - 537 Views - Last Post: 28 February 2011 - 06:38 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Resume help

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for some people who might be interested in looking over my resume and making suggestions, preferably people who have had success writing them or have hired people. I'll be graduating in May with my Bachelors in CS with a minor in CIS. My resume isn't completed yet, but it should be by tonight. If you are interested let me know and ill send you a message with it attached when its completed.

Thanks a lot,
Ricky Baker

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Resume help

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Resume help

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

If this is a job you're looking to hire someone for, I can move this to post to Post a Job. Otherwise, please keep all work via the forums, not the PM system. Thanks! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 24 February 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

If this is a job you're looking to hire someone for, I can move this to post to Post a Job. Otherwise, please keep all work via the forums, not the PM system. Thanks! :)

Not hiring, just making my resume and wanted suggestions. I didn't realize I could just attach the file on here. I will do that when I finish it then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Okay I have the first draft of it done now.. Im going to read over it a bit more and find more people to look at it. I know my work experience is awful, if anyone has any suggestions of any kind please let me know. Also, I edited my address, phone and email.

I've had a few people give me comments thus far, about three liked it with only small changes, and one thinks it looks too flashy for a new graduate resume and that I should use another font style and layout that isn't as flashy. I'll probably mess with some other fonts and see how it looks.

Thanks again,
Ricky Baker

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by RLB31384: 25 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

I updated it a bit if anyone wants to have a look and make comments and suggestions. I didn't do anything major, just changed the spacing a bit and added some text in experience. I also looked at another font and just didn't like it. I'm using font Georgia. One person said they thought I should change it, does anyone else agree or is what I have fine?

Attached File(s)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

Heres the most recent version if anyone is interested in commenting. I think its finished but I'm always open for suggestions. I haven't printed yet so hopefully it looks good on paper as well.

Attached File(s)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:38 AM

Hey man,

A while back I was in the same position as yourself, and started this topic. Some real good advice on there that I'm sure would help you loads.

This post has been edited by Dean_Grobler: 28 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1