1 Replies - 922 Views - Last Post: 26 February 2011 - 04:06 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

local database export trouble

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

ok i had made a windows app with a local database it was kinda simple, one table-six rows it held records for twelve students; name (first, mid, last) number, GPA and classes. i had one form with a first last name search that was working perfect; class ended and i saved the files/project no problem i get home and i start my laptop up again and i open vb load the project and export a project template, i put the template on my better home system and when i went to load it using the same vb2008 as my laptop it gave me a stack error and a rootnamespace error and doesn't recognize the dataset and my form is blank i know i probably made some newbie mistake but if someone would be so kind as to tell me what i did wrong or how to fix it i would be thrilled. the project still runs perfectly on my laptop as im typing this so i know its not the project its self so i need help!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: local database export trouble

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: local database export trouble

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostCodeCapition1, on 24 February 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

ok i had made a windows app with a local database it was kinda simple, one table-six rows it held records for twelve students; name (first, mid, last) number, GPA and classes. i had one form with a first last name search that was working perfect; class ended and i saved the files/project no problem i get home and i start my laptop up again and i open vb load the project and export a project template, i put the template on my better home system and when i went to load it using the same vb2008 as my laptop it gave me a stack error and a rootnamespace error and doesn't recognize the dataset and my form is blank i know i probably made some newbie mistake but if someone would be so kind as to tell me what i did wrong or how to fix it i would be thrilled. the project still runs perfectly on my laptop as im typing this so i know its not the project its self so i need help!!!

Please copy your stack trace output and inner exception details, so that I can see what is causing the error to be thrown
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1