3 Replies - 2280 Views - Last Post: 28 February 2002 - 05:47 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Ping/IP client

Posted 12 February 2002 - 11:53 AM

I need a client running on my win machine that will ping the server and tell it what my IP address is.

The ideal feature list would be:
1) right-click icon by the clock
2) tell the server my current IP
3) configurable packet exchange (like instant messages, or commands that I could talk to PHP on the backend

I hope I said that all right   hehe

it'd be really easy to do with ICQ,   but turning on 'web aware' opens up a whole can of securtity worms

Anyone have any ideas of a download that will do that.
or maybe I should brush the dust off VB and see what kinda TCP/IP functions it has

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ping/IP client

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ping/IP client

Posted 28 February 2002 - 04:40 PM

Bump Test
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2002 - 04:42 PM

It all depends on exactly what you want to use it for.
Give us a bit more detail on what *exactly* you want and what for.
You could get this program: IPUpDate - which will allow you to upload a file to your webspace with different thigs like IPAddress, could be a simple few line text file to use winthin a script, or a full blown HTML file for a user to view, depends what you want it for.
You could also get a dynamice name service host like: DNS2Go - this allows you to have a name address asocciated with your computer along with your IP, ask me or other users here and you will be told many more that do the same thing with different options. You could then in a script query the server, just depends what you want it for.
Finally you could run *THE* server: Apache on your local computer and write scripts to interface with the remote server.
Sorry about me not having any actuall scripting, but I dont know what you mean, and I am not too good with scripting ATM.
As I keep saying, it all depends on what exactly you want is for, give us some more info and we should be able to help more.
HTH.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2002 - 05:47 PM

Bump for email notification reply
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -