2 Replies - 956 Views - Last Post: 06 March 2011 - 07:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Indexing dynamic web pages

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:36 AM

since dynamic web pages are created based on user's input how exactly does search engines index those pages ? What are the tools or steps i have to take to make it search engine friendly ?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Indexing dynamic web pages

#2 CTphpnwb  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Indexing dynamic web pages

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

Have you ever wondered why it's difficult to find what you're looking for when doing web searches? It's because people who want you to see their sites/ads instead of what you're looking for are doing SEO. It's evil, and in the end it fails anyway since with everyone doing it no one can remain at the top of the list for long.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Indexing dynamic web pages

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

since dynamic web pages are created based on user's input how exactly does search engines index those pages ?

They don't. If user input is required, then search engines will most likely just see the error page you get when no user input is supplied. Some of the greatest, like Google, might supply a range of standard IDs for GET parameters on occasion, but nothing you can rely on.

Best to just mark pages that would fail to show without user input so that search engines will skip them.
That is, putting rel="nofollow" on links to them, and <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> in the page headers.

What are the tools or steps i have to take to make it search engine friendly ?

Just build your web with clean markup, clear titles and descriptions, and good content. That's as "search engine friendly" as is it gets. Google can see through all these little SEO tricks people are so desperately using.

SEO is very very overrated, and good content is sadly very underrated. (As evident by Google's latest algorithm tweak.)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1