3 Replies - 564 Views - Last Post: 08 March 2011 - 05:28 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PHP help on deciding whether or not to create a login system or use on

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hey guys,

I'm creating a site probably in the same way nexon.net created their site. Pretty much the database will keep track on the players profile, games played, exp for each game, money for each game, credit on the account. Obviously it is easy enough to get the gist of the way it is going.

So I need to setup a database which I will learn (lots of tutorials out there). I want to know I do not have to create my own login system for this project do I?

I really think it would be ahead of me to make a login system.

Another quick question. On the nexon.net site you say for combat arms Combat Arms you see the site normally for when you are not logged in. When you login a bar at the top of the webpage is visible. What do you call it and how would you make it for a user.

Thanks in advance

Wayne Rayner

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP help on deciding whether or not to create a login system or use on

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: PHP help on deciding whether or not to create a login system or use on

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

I don't really see a need for you to HAVE to create your own system since there are so many out there. It just helps sometimes when you need to check your code you'll atleast know where everything is at. But no you can just download a script and manipulate it to work for you :) why recreate the wheel?

For your second question what usually happens with that (or atleast how mine always work) is when the user logs in I run their username and password to make sure its correct then I set a session.

session_start();
$_SESSION['username'] = "blah";
$_SESSION['pass'] = "kaslhf032y";

Once that session is set if you "start_session" anywhere else on your site you can run those variables and check to see if the users logged in. Then its no harder than writing an if statement asking if the user is logged in.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the help enjoibp3,

I will download a login system, as long as it has registration functionality and obviously login functionality.

I will use the session and use a if statement for the bar at the top of the website.

Thank you very much
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Changed Man With Different Priorities
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

u can download your own login script yes but u do need to know about php and mysql or better yet mysqli or else you're going to hard a very hard time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1