1 Replies - 10346 Views - Last Post: 09 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

• HAL9000 was an Apple product
  • member icon

• View blog

How to fix this site?

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

Edit: Never mind and thanks anyway. Decided to just use wordpress rather than code it out by hand.

This post has been edited by xor-logic: 09 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to fix this site?

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to fix this site?

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

The site looks fine. A bit bland for my taste (as well as dark) but both of those are preference so it isn't a problem.

Some problems (IE9):
First - The image on the right of your content is going outside of the content box.
Second - The header image background repeats, but it is choppy (as is the sidebar image background). I would suggest getting those to repeat seamlessly (it will look better that way).

Picky things:
You have your CSS directly in your HTML source. It would be faster (and easier to modify your site) if you placed the CSS in a separate file which you link to in your files.
You use tables. Personally I don't have a problem with tables (they make things easier and faster in most cases), however there are those who do (and I know they will post about this if they reply). It would be more up to date if you used multiple divs to place the content on the page and position things the way you want (it will require a bit of JS to make the sidebar the same size as the content then though).
The left side fades, but the others don't. This may be an inconsequential detail, but I noticed that the right and bottom sides of the site don't look right (they look out of place). I would suggest fading the bottom and right or removing the fade on the left.

I can't really go much further on it without more content on the site, but I figure that will be enough to get you started.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1