1 Replies - 618 Views - Last Post: 10 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Working Freelance Over The Net

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

Elooo...

I just wanted to know where would one look around for freelance jobs over the net? How big are the projects that you would find, and how does the overall process work? Plus me being here in South Africa, would it be possible freelancing over the net for a US company or do the companies usually stick to their own country even though it's over the net?

It's pretty hard getting jobs here in SA, never mind IT jobs, so I'm looking into getting some experience in the industry (since I have none) and maybe also make some cash...

Any advice would be great! :boat:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Working Freelance Over The Net

• Baller
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Working Freelance Over The Net

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

Well it could go either way on preference. People that are weary of getting screwed over by a hire over the web will tend to stick to same country individuals as its nigh impossible to sue someone overseas with differing laws that may not even consider the offender to be liable under their laws. On the other hand you can sometimes pick up cheaper labor in other countries.

Your bigger barrier is not having experience unless you can demonstrate your skill in some way. Have any sample projects? Maybe a personal site demonstrating or exhibiting programs you have written?
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1