2 Replies - 339 Views - Last Post: 10 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello there, nice to meet you!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:43 AM

Hi, my name is Sophie, I'm a student in my final year of university and I work as an intern at an engineering company also, very busy!

So, how's things? And pleased to meet you all :)
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello there, nice to meet you!

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello there, nice to meet you!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

Hi! Welcome to the site. Engineering you say? Is that your degree, or just your internship? What flavor of engineering? We have a few engineering folk around. NeoTifa I believe is an engineering geek.

Have you had much programming time or experience? Do you have a programming language of choice? Any bad ass projects you are working on or have worked on? How about a snippet of code you are especially proud of and would like to submit (at the top) and share with everyone?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hello there, nice to meet you!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 10 March 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

Hi! Welcome to the site. Engineering you say? Is that your degree, or just your internship? What flavor of engineering? We have a few engineering folk around. NeoTifa I believe is an engineering geek.

Have you had much programming time or experience? Do you have a programming language of choice? Any bad ass projects you are working on or have worked on? How about a snippet of code you are especially proud of and would like to submit (at the top) and share with everyone?

Hello again,

Both my degree and internship are the same discipline :) Electrical and Electronic! It's awesome, I get to spend all week building things and testing, from surface mount stuff to mains powered test rigs (not allowed too much voltage) which I suppose makes me a big geek, but I love it :).

Unfortunately that means I'm not so good with the software, I've been learning C, Java and Assembly (just PICs) although I have used the Z80 and I'm slowly getting better, it helps that as I get better at work I get to do more embedded stuff :). I was lucky enough to learn some database malarkey (SQL) at a previous job so it's a bit mixed and matched really.

Everyone here seems really nice but I'm afraid I don't have anything particularly impressive, but I will definitely post as soon as I write something decent, still learning atm :).

Thank you!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1