• (3 Pages)
  • +

40 Replies - 1169 Views - Last Post: 12 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

How Would You Rule The World?

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

The name of the thread really says it all, but be honest. If you ran it all, the whole planet, what would you do? Would you be an evil ruler or rule with an open heart? What would be your first law? How would you make your citizens happy or would you even care? How would you change your surroundings? Would you do away with a race or races of people? Where would you call home? Where would your center of government be? What would be your motto? Your flag?

Basically there's a shit load of nice little tidbits you can expand on. Share any details of your leadership, whatever you think makes the story juicy :) Have fun, be funny, be serious...give us something different!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How Would You Rule The World?

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How Would You Rule The World?

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

I would bring back dialup modems & 8 tracks!

Mandatory.

Where would your center of government be?

It would be a mobile government. Like how the guy was carried on 300.

What would be your motto?

It's a toss up between OFF WITH THEIR HEAD! & All hail queen GabeHabe!

Your flag?

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Awesome!! :) I think I like "all hail queen Gabehabe"

I'm trying to figure out my flag...its a tossup on these ones:

Posted Image

or if I'm a nice ruler:

Posted Image

I'm still trying to figure out my leadership style :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

Obligatory music theme song:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

I think I would institute a 'let the punishment fit the crime' policy.

Oh, you raped, murdered and dismembered a 12-year-old girl? Bend over, pumpkin, you're getting what's coming to you.

You tied your dog outside in subzero temperatures with no food, water or shelter? Strip your ass naked, it's your turn.

And you have to have a job to get welfare benefits. None of this "ooh. ouch. I think maybe my back hurts. support me, oh government." Fuck that. If you can sit on your ass all day watching cable, you can sit on your ass all day at a desk. Once you're bringing in a paycheck, if you need a little boost to get the bills paid, we'll see about helping you out. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule... like quadriplegics... then again, Stephen Hawking seems to have done pretty well for himself.

And with so many new people taking on jobs, we can drop the retirement age down a few years so people aren't too old and infirmed to enjoy themselves in retirement. And all that money that would have been dumped into welfare? We use it to help support our older population.

Bob worked 30 years in a coal mine. He deserves to relax and not have to worry about things so much. Nancy taught a bunch of drooling, snotty, sneezing, germ-infested Kindergarteners for 25 years, let's provide her with decent insurance in her later years as a thank you.

Steve fathered 12 kids with 9 different women. He's never paid to support any of them. He likes to walk around shirtless and filthy and use his food stamps at McDonald's. Fuck, Steve. Steve can find a job or starve to death. And the unpaid child support? Simple solution: we use carpet staples to attach his manhood to his inner thigh. One staple for each unsupported child.

And for the women who give birth and throw their babies in dumpsters... burning at the stake.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

If i'd rule the world, i would get 20-30 law advisors.They would judge any trial, and, by no rules, give the sentece.You've killed a guy in an accident, but he was drunk and jumped in front of your car, so you couldn't avoid it - You're free.If you got more alcohol in your blood than a bottle of whiskey, and you ran over a cat-You're in trouble.That would be the principle.
Also, i would make robots work in any domain possible, so, as future plans, humans would get free food / a free place to live.If somewone wanted more cash (i mean, i would give the nessesarry food, but if you want caviar, you have to pay for it) they could go to work as robot administrators or something.
Also, i would give lots of advantages to scientists, i would give lots of scholarships, lots of free trips for smart kids, stuff like that.

Oh, yeah, and i would make swimsuit mandatory on the streets (like the opposite of muslim countries), below age 30 (maybe more for MILFs).And in alaska or cold regions like this, i would make a self-heating bikini...The polar bears would be soo happy :)

This post has been edited by Patrunjel: 11 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

i agree with b9 and her view on walfare. they gotta start locking that shit down. i think i remember obama saying he was going to do stuff to fix the welfare system when he was running, but ive been wrong before. thats just a butt load of money people spend on flat screens and cell phones. (not in all cases but yeah..)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

I would most likely rule erratically making proclamations about whatever random drunken thoughts came to mind at the time. Eventually I would be assassinated or executed for incompetence. Absolute power corrupts absolutely :)

I too agree about welfare reform, it should be there as a social safety net for anyone who has some bad luck and falls on hard times and that could happen to(most) anyone. It's not there to support a way of life. Doing some kind of work has to be mandatory if you want to receive welfare benefits, shit go collect trash from the side of the road and clean up graffiti, even 20 hours a week, enough to say you contributed something and the community is better because of you(assuming you don't spend more than 20 hours a week doing damage to the community).

Collecting disability is fine as long as you are truly disabled and not faking, punishment if you get caught. In fact to make it interesting you get whatever affliction you were pretending to have inflicted on you. Pretend to hurt your back? We hurt your back. Pretend to have a broken foot? We break your foot. Pretend to have cancer, guess what your getting? I don't think there is anything wrong with society picking up the tab for someone who was born disabled or contracted an ailment that made them unable to work. Although it has been my experience that people who are(especially those born) disabled are more motivated to work than most able bodied persons simply because they were told they couldn't :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

TBH, I wouldn't want to rule the world. Too damned diverse for people to all get along. You have to be realistic and recognize the human tendency to separate into groups of similar folks. Forcing everyone to get along has never worked unless it was done with authoritarian force (see Yugoslavia).

However, give me the U.S. and I've got a laundry list of things I'd mandate:

• Abortion should be allowed up to a point. Only gets restricted in the 2nd trimester and almost non-existent in the third. Partial birth abortion is murder. Period. This would work because of...
  • Universal health care. We're the richest country on earth. We've put men on the fucking moon. We can't figure this one out?
  • Reform the tax system to either a flat tax or a national sales tax. A fair and reformed tax system means no more tax fraud, makes the system fair and stabilizes revenue and pretty much eliminates the IRS and the government trying to craft policy through the use of punitive or preferential taxes.
  • No more deficit budgets. What's more, the government's budget cannot rise greater than the rise in GDP. Since it's tied to the GDP through the reformed tax system, this is an easy one.
  • No term limits...but make political graft, corruption the equivalent of treason...with the attendant penalties for such.
  • Eliminate medicare and medicaid (because we have universal health care). Welfare should be a lot tougher to get and qualification for it should be reviewed every 3 years.
  • Our legal system needs tort reform in the worst possible way. You ought not to be able to sue someone for the stupidest, most inane bullshiat ever. Two little changes would make the whole system actually work. 1./ You cannot "settle". If you bring an action, you have to take it all the way through to win/lose. 2./ If you lose, you pay all the defendent's costs and fees for having to defend against your attempt.
  • America needs to become energy independent. That means, fund hydrogen fuel research out the yang and figure out ways to do nuclear safer and find alternative energy generation methods. Best thing in the world we could do for our economy is to tell the Arab oil sheiks to shove their oil up their collective asses. The nice part about doing this...it would likely result in a safer nation, a more prosperous economy and a cleaner environment to boot.
  • Decriminalize marijuana. I don't smoke and never have but that's a dumb one. We'll sell oxycontin from drugstores but not weed? Toughen the laws on all other controlled substances tho.
  • You should have to pass a basic competency test to vote. On welfare? No vote for you. If you can't speak the language, understand the f**king ballot or even be able to identify a few of the candidates' positions on issues...then why the hell are you in the voting booth? Got it confused with the handicapped restroom, didja? What good is your opinion (read: vote) when you have no idea what you're talking about? Mass ignorance ought not to rule this nation...or even influence the outcome in the choosing of leaders.
  • The education of our children ought to be elevated to a national priority. I further believe that standards and testing are the right course to measure progress. When was the last time anyone heard of a kid flunking a grade and being held back? Well, it ought to happen a hell of a lot more often than it does now. Once again, with a reformed taxation system (think of the savings to the IRS if they have to make one calculation to figure out what you owe) we'd have plenty of money to fund education.
  • Civil unions should be allowed. Insurance, inheritance, power of attorney and such should be allowed to two people who have entered into a legal partnership commitment...like marriage....like civil unions. Making gender preference a protected class (re: 14th Amendment) however, no.
  • For any number of reasons we need to secure our borders. Between security and the artificial depression of wages with citizens having to compete against illegal aliens for manual labor jobs you have all the reason you need. It's just good sense. Nothing says we can't up the visa levels to Mexico and Central America to 2-3 million per year if we want. At least if we did that we'd know who was here, they'd be legal, they'd be paying taxes on their illegal employment.

...but hey, that's just me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

I agree with everything you said except

You should have to pass a basic competency test to vote. On welfare? No vote for you. If you can't speak the language, understand the f**king ballot or even be able to identify a few of the candidates' positions on issues...then why the hell are you in the voting booth? Got it confused with the handicapped restroom, didja? What good is your opinion (read: vote) when you have no idea what you're talking about? Mass ignorance ought not to rule this nation...or even influence the outcome in the choosing of leaders.

I think anyone has the right to vote so long as they are a citizen. That is a very important right and I feel like it's a pretty slippery slope to start regulating who can and can't vote.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

I vote B9 for world ruler.

Fuck Steve. Steve's an asshole.

View PostDark_Nexus, on 11 March 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

I feel like it's a pretty slippery slope to start regulating who can and can't vote.

The thing about slippery slopes is that they can be fun to ride.

Just saying.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

My first law would be something like this. You are not allowed to trade or you are not allowed to own anything and money is to be burned. Second i would start a system where everyone would have to get a job and according how needed the job is to be done the better life they would live. Everyone who works would get place to live and food to eat. Second law I would do is you can seed or carry only one child in your lifetime. Meaning population would not grow and once it has decreased about half from what it is the law could be modified a bit. I would focus on research in the field of colonizing new planets and automating jobs. My own office would probably be at sir lanka.

Utopia where everything is free and everyone is equal, but some might be more important than some, but that depends really on their own brains and not on the amount of cash they have. If you deny to work for the community of earth I don't care if you go and jump from the roof of a skyscraper.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

I vote TMKCodes out of the running for world ruler. Holy communism, batman!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

View PostDark_Nexus, on 11 March 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

I agree with everything you said except

You should have to pass a basic competency test to vote. On welfare? No vote for you. If you can't speak the language, understand the f**king ballot or even be able to identify a few of the candidates' positions on issues...then why the hell are you in the voting booth? Got it confused with the handicapped restroom, didja? What good is your opinion (read: vote) when you have no idea what you're talking about? Mass ignorance ought not to rule this nation...or even influence the outcome in the choosing of leaders.

I think anyone has the right to vote so long as they are a citizen. That is a very important right and I feel like it's a pretty slippery slope to start regulating who can and can't vote.

Well, to that I'd relate this observation I made not too many months ago.

My mom was born in Canada and was a registered alien here in the U.S. and had been for the better part of the last 50 years. She decided she'd prefer to be American (primarily so she can legally vote) so she made arrangements to take the test to get her American citizenship. They had her study all kinds of American history and such and she mentioned to me one day right prior to her coming to Atlanta to take the test that she had learned much about how the country was founded and that some parts were things she hadn't been aware of. Thing is, a fair chunk of our own citizens wouldn't know that stuff either.

So now, she's in the rather sad and unusual position of probably being better informed about the history and heritage of this country than some of the schlubs who get to vote solely on the basis of the particular piece of land their mommy squatted over when she grunted hardest all those many years ago.

I understand that folks would have a tough time embracing some kind of "citizenship competency" measurement but what we have today is people wandering into a voting booth and pulling the lever solely due to the presence of the R or D next to the name. They know next to nothing about what the candidate believes in, what their positions are and so on. Maybe a graduated scale or something is in order. Everyone gets one vote but for those who can demonstrate they actually know something maybe their vote gets counted twice. I dunno. Point is, today our elections are far too generalized and we no longer elect representatives to stand for the people in the districts they represent. We just tend to vote the D or R anymore.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

I've got $20 that says he is dragged into the street by an angry mob and burned alive within 5 minutes of being sworn in!

(TMKCodes, that is. Dammit Craig...)

This post has been edited by hookiethe1: 11 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +