Dreaming

• (2 Pages)
  • +

20 Replies - 660 Views - Last Post: 15 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Dreaming

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

I have given a work on dreaming for academic peer viewing and wish to have some references on my work.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dreaming

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Dreaming

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

Hello ati46 and Welcome to DIC
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hey! I am glad to be here and hope I will get some answers to my questions, though I am not very hopeful because of the very specialized type of the subject. I'll cross my fingers and wait.

This post has been edited by ati46: 15 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

Well... why leave us in waiting - what are your questions?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

This is a brief abstract of my theory and I am looking for references in the main theses I claim.

Abstract The Spatiotemporal and Emotional (ST+E) dream theory, in 250 words Fundamental energy: According to Physics, some energy exchange lies behind any activity at all. Nothing ever happens without spending or gaining some energy. Not even a dream. Human beings, as all living organisms, administer energy ceaselessly with whatever they do. A human Central Nervous System (or functional psyche we may call it, for narrative easiness) specifically works as a neural energy administrating system, which tends constantly to achieve a perfect neural electric analogy with any other energy developed around a human being. Kinetic, thermal, electrical, chemical and whatever forms of energy always provoke spontaneously in us analogous neural energy responses. In other words, there is a constant exchange of energy between our functional psyche and our environment and our psyche tends constantly to reach and keep a perfect energy balance (equilibrium) inside out as well as between inner psyche centers. Dreaming is an automatic psyche device that helps in sleep to attain this goal of energy balance. Dreams happen in order to rid us of some frustrating energy dilemma of the day before (some energy deficit or excess). Energy administration is the common denominator behind the manifold workings of dreams, as it is behind all operations of our conscience in daytime and this is far more basic and important than any uninformed mind may consider at first sight.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

While this is all very well and good a few questions arise.

Chiefly - where's the question? Are you asking for people to provide references for your theory? That's not what we are about here. You might be able to pay someone to do research for you, but that's all in 'post a job' subforum.

Sub question - according to the OP

I have given a work on dreaming for academic peer viewing and wish to have some references on my work.

How are you getting your paper peer reviewed sans sources?

Second - you know this is a programming forum, right? While a nice debate on theory and what not is welcomed I am not sure what you expect a pride of programmers to provide you.

Third, you make quite a few claims in have no warrants. You should shore that up.

Fourth, you are operating on the concept that energy cannot be created or destroyed - just transferred, right? How can a person's dreams magic up energy to make up a "deficit"?

Fifth, why is some energy labled "frustrating"? What makes it "frustrating" versus "happy" or "depressed" or "Old Spice"? What over classifications of energy are there?

Well that's enough play time. Moving on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

That's why I want references.I made my paper sans sources. I made it.

Second - you know this is a programming forum, right?
No, I didn't know that. I've made a mistake.
While a nice debate on theory and what not is welcomed I am not sure what you expect a pride of programmers to provide you.
When you say "programmers", you mean computer programmers?

Third, you make quite a few claims in have no warrants. You should shore that up.
I don't have a clue what yuou are talking about.

Fourth, you are operating on the concept that energy cannot be created or destroyed - just transferred, right? How can a person's dreams magic up energy to make up a "deficit"?
You'll have to read my theses to understand this question.

Fifth, why is some energy labled "frustrating"? What makes it "frustrating" versus "happy" or "depressed" or "Old Spice"? What over classifications of energy are there?
"I don't know. You tell me who made them.

Well that's enough play time. Moving on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

That's why I want references.I made my paper sans sources. I made it.

Why are you incapable of getting your own references? It's your theory, right? Your insight, your conglomeration of ideas who better else to get your own sources!? Let alone what *sort* of sources are never explained.

Sub question - why farm out for sources? What is inherently stopping you from plying the channels of google and bing?

Second - you know this is a programming forum, right?
No, I didn't know that. I've made a mistake.

I am curious how you got here then. Of all the forums in all servers in all the internet - why did you walk into this one? (This is a purely academic question on the steps that led you here!).

While a nice debate on theory and what not is welcomed I am not sure what you expect a pride of programmers to provide you.

Yes... or programmers of reality. It varies on skill and substance.

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Your paragraph makes claims. Tons of them, right? You assert this or assume that. You lack any warrants to back up the claims. No logical argument or deduction (we can count out factual proof since you are jones'n for research) is found that backs up your claims. Claims sans warrants are vapid statements!

You'll have to read my theses to understand this question.

Or you could explain it here... now.

Fifth, why is some energy labeled "frustrating"? What makes it "frustrating" versus "happy" or "depressed" or "Old Spice"? What over classifications of energy are there?
"I don't know. You tell me who made them.

I don't have to tell you jack. I mean you are the the one making the positive statement and labeling energy. Expand on that, or did your peer reviewed paper not get that far? Act II!

This has brightened up my morning with mirth and amusement!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hey!

I've got a question. I rarely dream. Does that mean I'm a very balanced person? :D

Yup.

Although, I suspect skyhawk133 is a behavioral programmer. Something about this site keeps you wanting to come back. I suspect subliminal messages in between posts.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

Atli said: I've got a question. I rarely dream. Does that mean I'm a very balanced person?
No, it means that you don't remember your dreams as we all normally shouldn't. A dream has nothing to do with reality on purpose. It has to happen appart from reality so that no valid logical traces will be left afterwards of it. It is a secret discharge of energy with no trace, used by conscience whenever it can't or it is unwilling to describe logically a subject in reality. Unless it can make fun of it as "modi123-1".

This post has been edited by ati46: 15 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

Unless it can make fun of it as "modi123-1".

Wait, what? I hope you take no umbrage from my questions; I was merely trying to get a better grasp on your theory and your purpose. I figured a good discussion on parts of your abstract were fair game. Cest la vie.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

yes, "la vie" can be very funny, you know. Making fun (of something) is a quick way to get rid of some energy "thymic" pile ups on somebody else's shoulders. Yes, "Cest la vie".

P.s. "Thymic" is "energy in the psyche" alias "emotion."

This post has been edited by ati46: 15 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

It sounds like my intellectual inquiries into your theory are going to go unaswered. That' totally harshing my interest brah.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

I only wonder why you r wondering why I got in a site named "dream in code" looking for answers to codify my dream theory problems.

This post has been edited by ati46: 15 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Hi ati46. I am very interested in dreaming as well as programming.
It seems your question would probably be better suited for a lucid
dreaming forum. I know a few good ones but I don't want to advertise
on this site. I know a considerable bit about dreaming and specifically
lucid dreaming. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

~Wes
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +