4 Replies - 1484 Views - Last Post: 23 March 2011 - 02:57 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Make Splash Screen Check Settings at Launch?

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

HI,

I am creating a web browser as a school project. One feature I hope to include involves a splash screen check the state of a Boolean (True/False) at launch and then open the appropriate form. I know that I will need an 'If' statement in the code of a splash screen but I am not sure how I would go about making it do this. If anyone could help guide me with this, I would appreciate it.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Make Splash Screen Check Settings at Launch?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Make Splash Screen Check Settings at Launch?

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

Why aren't you using the splash screen in the project settings?

Right click on your project -> application.
AT the bottom is 'splash screen'.
You basically add a new form, set it up how you like, and have this drop down point to it. Easy!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 March 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Why aren't you using the splash screen in the project settings?

Right click on your project -> application.
AT the bottom is 'splash screen'.
You basically add a new form, set it up how you like, and have this drop down point to it. Easy!

I did do that and it worked as a splash screen, but I wasn't able to work out how to put in an If statement, making it check what the setting was and then launching the appropriate form. That is the part which I am having issues with.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Okay so you are confusing what is going on. Your splash screen shouldn't do that. It's there to look pretty. Your main form - the one the app goes to right after the splash screen - should take care of that. I think you have a bad layout on how your app is designed if you have multiple 'entry' forms to your application. Ya know what I mean? You may want to explain how your app is working (and what is different between each 'start form' area), and we can help a bit of a redesign.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

The web browser itself is designed to be used in schools, the feature I am trying to incorparate would be a mode of the browse which would prevent the user from navigating away from the site defined by the teacher when the mode is activated. At the moment, when you go to launch this mode, you click a menu entry which then prompts you for a password and a URL. When this is done, it changes a setting to true which I then I hope to use to prevent the user from just opening and closing the browse to return to the normal mode. This mode operates in a separate form from the main form. I thought that a splash screen would be a good possibility for the appropriate form to be opened at launch. I was also unsure how to do it by using the main form.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1