4 Replies - 166 Views - Last Post: 24 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New to Dream.In.Code

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hey everyone,
I am new to D.I.C. and I am a college student going for a computer science major. This site looked to be really helpful and so I joined. I really don't have much experience in programming at all and so I have used this site for help on some issues that I had been having so I thought I would join the community and try to help and receive more understanding of the programming languages.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New to Dream.In.Code

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New to Dream.In.Code

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

Sweet! Welcome! Are you using any languages so far? Do you have your eye on a special project or area you would like to write some code with? How's college going?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Thanks! :) I used Scheme last semester, and this semester I am using Java. This is the first that I have ever programmed in code and so its new and a bit harder. Right now I am working on several projects in Java that will lead up to a Battle Ship program with AI's. College is going great so far. I don't know what area I'm looking toward in computer science, but I don't really see myself in Robotics, probably more with Networks, Databases, Servers, etc.

Like I said, I am really new to programming so I don't know what language I like the best, but if anyone has a few suggestions or ideas that they would like to explain to me and I could try to help with the programming, maybe that will help spark my interest farther into computer science.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Welcome!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

There really isn't a "best" - just the right tool for the job. Java's a good language - you get a bit of c style code.. learn your objects.. can do some pretty nifty gui.. and it gets that appetite wet for some more!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1