2 Replies - 6411 Views - Last Post: 27 March 2011 - 08:15 AM Rate Topic: -----

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

How to install a plugin in OpenBD

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Wanted to drop a quick post here to share something I figuratively bled for the past few days. I've got a site I run on OpenBD which is normally a much better, more flexible CFML engine than CF9. I use both everyday (CF9 for job stuff, OpenBD for personal projects) but simply much prefer OpenBD to CF9.

Anyway, one thing I didn't like of late was the results for my attempt to install a plugin for OpenBD. Specifically, I was trying to drop a language add-on for Twitter functionality only to discover that OpenBD's automatic plugin detector was awry. After much digging, investigating, head/desk contact and ScoobySnack consumption, I was relieved to encounter someone today who could guide me to a pretty damned easy workaround. Because such has not been documented on the web (that I could find), I provide to you now, free of charge, my quick and easy 7 Steps To Installing A Plugin On OpenBD:

• Drop the pertinent openbd-XXXX-plugin.jar file into the /opt/openbd/lib/ folder.
  • Edit the bluedragon.xml document (found in the /opt/openbd/conf/ folder) and add the following entry under <server><system> (same level as <buffersize> and <licensekey>): <pluginjarpath>file:///opt/openbd/lib/openbdplugin-XXXX.jar</pluginjarpath>
  • To add more plugin files, simply comma-separate them within the single <pluginjarpath> tag
  • Login to Kloxo
  • Go to Admin - Server:linux - Command center
  • Type: /etc/init.d/openbd_ctl restart to reboot the server
  • Login to OpenBD admin and click on Log Files under Debugging and Logging
  • View the log file for bluedragon.log
  • You should see an entry in the log (2 lines) that looks something like this: 25/03/11 12:08.40: -] PluginManager Manual Loading ...
    25/03/11 12:08.40: -] PlugIn.Load.Installed: org.alanwilliamson.openbd.plugin.spreadsheet.SpreadSheetPlugin; SpreadSheet; Version=1.95

And that's pretty much it. Further explanation as well as some insight into why I needed this, who helped, how they helped and why Adobe CF isn't the only game in town on my latest blog entry here.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 25 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to install a plugin in OpenBD

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: How to install a plugin in OpenBD

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

Thanks Craig, but this probably should go under the tutorials section. There is a ColdFusion group in there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to install a plugin in OpenBD

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, I thought of tutorials but this situation with OpenBD will apparently be remedied on their next build so this should be only a temporary workaround.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1