Wordpress and PHP problems

I get lost when I try to make a new wordpress theme using php!

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 1711 Views - Last Post: 28 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wordpress and PHP problems

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

I hope I'm posting in the right forum, I think I am so I'll continue.

I know you guys are professionals....and I am anything but. However, I was wondering if any of you know how to use php to design a wordpress theme and/or template!? I haven't dabbled much in php, but I *thought* I could figure it out as I went along, but that was a bust. I get in the middle of a tutorial explaing how to make your own theme, and I get soooo lost! I feel idiotic and it makes me want to rip out my hair! I know there are thousands of premade themes out there just waiting to be used, but that's the thing, I want to use my own creativity and design skills to make my site look the way I want it to. My rude awakening was that I basically have no skills. :( I can grasp HTML and CSS...but php I'm having trouble with.

I don't know if anyone even uses wordpress or knows anything about it, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read tutorial after tutorial and I still just can't do it. The codex that wordpress provides just confuses me even more, and it all jumbles together when I read it. It's really aggravating! This is basically my last hope! Thanks to anyone who can help!

-Kristie

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wordpress and PHP problems

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wordpress and PHP problems

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

Can you specify what it is exactly you are trying to build in the template? Generally, Wordpress templates are done using CSS, with the actual functionality carried out via PHP. Are you receiving specific error messages when trying to modify an existing template? Can you post a link to the tutorial that is giving you problems?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1