1 Replies - 4510 Views - Last Post: 30 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Calculations in Access 2010 multi month for total

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

I am new to access and have created a database to manage yoga classes, passes that the clients purchase, etc. I am having a few challenges with the calculations areas:

1. I have split the data out by months - so each class someone takes has a quantity of "one" when I pull the data it puts the total under each month - how to I total the months. The end result is to take the total quantity of classes taken and subtract it by the Classes purchased. it seems to easy, but I can not figure it out.

When people purchase a package they do it by 5 pack, 10 pack, month, 3 month - I was trying to make it so when they expired a pass or used all the classes the classes would go back to zero right now the quantity keeps adding - in the interum I have make the passes have a, b, c so after someone has a 5 pack, the next time they have a 5 packb, then to a 5 packc - this seems to work, but I am worried that the teachers will mess up the packages and make it in accurate.

2. Is there a way to use the same name for the package like 5 pack and not have to add on the letter to make it different, I would like when the package is expired to make the quantity of classes taken go down to zero.

The hardest thing is the packs that have a limited number of classes - any suggestions would help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Calculations in Access 2010 multi month for total

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Calculations in Access 2010 multi month for total

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

You are showing the month counts in a report? Have a summary count in the report footer to add all the months.

packa, packb, packc - what happens after you hit z? No, should not have to do this.

I presume the 5- and 10- pack options would not have a date of expiration but allow that number of visits - a 'punch card'. You are tracking the punches against card? If the quantity keeps growing then your design is flawed. You will have to debug. Query should retrieve only records that have not met the punch limit. This does seem simple but would have to know more about your table structure and business flow to advise on specifics.

Post your query attempts for analysis.

This post has been edited by June7: 30 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1