8 Replies - 22648 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

#1 chlwlgus  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 06-April 11

How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi. I want to find out how to use only one image to use it as the navigation bar, but I can't find it anywhere how to do it. If somebody knows how to do it, please tell me. Thank you.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

#2 Slice  Icon User is offline

  • sudo pacman -S moneyz


Reputation: 253
  • View blog
  • Posts: 761
  • Joined: 24-November 08

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Not too sure what it is you're looking for. Do you have some kind of example in mind? A navigation bar background image??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Atli  Icon User is offline

  • Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

Reputation: 4238
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7,216
  • Joined: 08-June 10

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

Hey.

Could you elaborate? That's a pretty vague question. All I can do with that, really, is show you the very basics.


To place an image, use the <img> tag.
<img src="myimg.png" alt="My Image">



To make the image a link, wrap it in a <a> tag.
<a href="http://example.com/link.html"><img src="myimg.png" alt="My Link Image"></a>



You might also want to add style="border:none;" to the <img> tag to remove the blue border most browsers add to it by default.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 nandureddy  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 28
  • View blog
  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: 31-January 11

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

View Postchlwlgus, on 06 April 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

Hi. I want to find out how to use only one image to use it as the navigation bar, but I can't find it anywhere how to do it. If somebody knows how to do it, please tell me. Thank you.


Refer here. Found the link on google.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 chlwlgus  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 06-April 11

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostSlice, on 06 April 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Not too sure what it is you're looking for. Do you have some kind of example in mind? A navigation bar background image??

oh. I meant like usually, if you want to make a navigation bar with images, you have to use one for each categories like one for Home, one for Contact and stuff. I wanted to combine them all into one image and use that as navigation bar, but i can't figure out how to add links to them and stuff.

View PostAtli, on 06 April 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

Hey.

Could you elaborate? That's a pretty vague question. All I can do with that, really, is show you the very basics.


To place an image, use the <img> tag.
<img src="myimg.png" alt="My Image">



To make the image a link, wrap it in a <a> tag.
<a href="http://example.com/link.html"><img src="myimg.png" alt="My Link Image"></a>





You might also want to add style="border:none;" to the <img> tag to remove the blue border most browsers add to it by default.

oh. I meant like usually, if you want to make a navigation bar with images, you have to use one for each categories like one for Home, one for Contact and stuff. I wanted to combine them all into one image and use that as navigation bar, but i can't figure out how to add links to them and stuff.

This post has been edited by chlwlgus: 06 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 nandureddy  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 28
  • View blog
  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: 31-January 11

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

Read post number 4
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#7 chlwlgus  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 06-April 11

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

View Postnandureddy, on 06 April 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

Read post number 4

thank you :) I'll try this tutorial.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 lemonchicken  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: -5
  • View blog
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 11-December 10

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

you can use image mapping.
try this
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 Lemur  Icon User is offline

  • Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon


Reputation: 1439
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,609
  • Joined: 28-November 09

Re: How do you use one image to add navigation bar?

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

I'd suggest against using one image, it'd be rather difficult. Try out my tutorial on CSS menu: http://www.dreaminco...-design-basics/
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1