Why Pradeep Needs You to Give Him The Codes

• (2 Pages)
  • +

21 Replies - 11167 Views - Last Post: 03 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Why Pradeep Needs You to Give Him The Codes

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Guess you people need some insights on this Topic from an Indian(me) who can tell you what actually is the so called "Indian Education System".
Let me start off with my name.
My name is Mohit Mittal, i just turned 18 this July and what you are about to read is a true story.
I have been pursuing B.tech(C.S) from a college and university that you haven't heard of.
You may wanna checkout the website Yay University
The way of teaching in our college is well *coughs* retarded.
There are so called Lab Lectures in which you can waste your time sitting on Some Crappy Intel atom powered PCs with 256MB Ram and yeah you were right, these PC's come packed with a Turbo C Compiler!!!! Also.. there's a strict rule! You are not allowed to access Facebook and the lecturers keep telling us to do search for stuff on Google(I don't have any idea what the means). They even tried to block facebook via the host file( Immature )and instead of teaching us anything related to Programming (though you can't do anything on these PCs) they just keep sipping coffee in their office. Also most of the things are taught like this:
1: Take a book.
2: Read it out loud.
3: Students note what you are saying.
4: You just taught em stuff, though they could have read it directly from the book.

I on the other hand is getting into .NET,C# and WPF and you'd be surprised to know how i got the time to learn all these stuff. I would like to tell you that there are thousands of college like mine and there are thousands of students who just do college for the sake of degree (like me), you will only find 10% Students that know the basics of programming, that also because they had Computer Science as a subject in 11th and 12th standard/Grade.
Well let's continue with the story.

I failed in 11th standard.(Can't seem to understand Physics,Chemistry).
Though i scored 95 out of 100 in Computer science(it was pretty much basic C++ Programming with the most basic programming). So i couldn't continue the Regular Study through schools and i were to continue through regular school i would have to redo my 11th Standard/Grade again. Instead i decided doing the 12th grade directly through a Institute managed by government called NIOS.
You are not required to go to school in this and yeah it's perfectly legal even if you failed 11th grade. So i didn't have to go to school for a year. For the first 6 months i played various MMO RPG/FPS like a no-lifer. Then one day while taking a stroll on the forums of the game i looked up on coding section. It was something like creating a proxy in c sharp to launch the game. It got me wondering whether i can learn C sharp as my C++ basics were pretty strong. So i looked up on google for various e-books and other stuff.(Yeah i was not in a position to buy them), And in starting i will admit i was bad (Too bad to be exact), after 3-4 Months the things seemed to clear abit as i created my first working ASP.net website with a registration system. Yes creating a registration system was the biggest and the first most difficult challenge i faced. Soon i found out that i must Learn MSSQL also as it has become an important part of website development. By the time i had learned this stuff the examinations for the NIOS has just arrived and i was sure as hell not ready for it. i knew i could pass in all other subjects except Physics and Chemistry so i had to take like 8 hours a day tutions which would basically just make you drink the content like liquor so you can go and throw up those in the Examination. Luckily i passed the exam( not with good marks though).
So i get to know that i will be having Lots of free time to learn new stuff but as i heard somewhere that without a C.S Degree in India or anywhere you can't get a job, it then became my priority. I searched for many colleges but apparently you can't get into good colleges(though they are not that good) without doing your 12th grade with Regular school(i.e CBSE). Then i found a college in Haryana(A state of India), which is like 70 km away from my home. Apparently there are many colleges there that just want to fill their seats no matter how much you scored in 12th grade or Where you did it from. So now i am stuck in a 140km Daily up/down to college. And i don't have the time that i hoped for to learn new stuff. The pressure of studies is kinda high as you basically have to cramp up every thing. Now as i have moved to the 3rd Sem(2nd Year) the amount of useless subjects(Chemistry,Physics,Mechanical,etc.) has been decreased to 0 but still you can't expect to learn anything from the college( because they just came here for the experience for their future jobs and I'm sure as hell they don't even know anything about what they are teaching except what's written in the book.) I Seriously am regretting wasting 4 years of my life on this Degree. Also i should mention how the exams are Evaluated. they are evaluated on how much you write not on what you write. i.e if there is a 10 marks questions, you are supposed to fill 8sheets of paper for it doesn't matter what you write as long as it's english.
You can't get good marks even if you attempted every question with the exact right answer.
Now i am in a ambiguous state whether to continue with this or not.
Also on a last note about that Bribe thing. Yeah it's pretty damn easy to do it. you just have to have some uncle or some relative or friend that knows some Professor in the university or himself is professor and you get to have a private room full of students who bribed who can just take out the book and write all the answers.
I on other hand is still trying to find out time to learn new stuff.
By the way these are some of the sites i created(Yeah.. they are not that good) for my Brothers' small Technical Support Center.

http://skylogic.co
http://techmantras.us
http://bptl.co
http://aolsupport.co

Guess that should be all if im not missing anything.
Have a nice day and please don't point out Grammatical Error as you can understand English is not my primary language.
And at last sorry for the long post.

This post has been edited by FatalTouch: 12 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostFatalTouch, on 12 September 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Guess you people need some insights on this Topic from an Indian(me) who can tell you what actually is the so called "Indian Education System".
these PC's come packed with a Turbo C Compiler!!!!

We actually already know this. We see (no joke) hundreds of posts per year from Indian students. Our help doesn't help them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 12 September 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

View PostFatalTouch, on 12 September 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

these PC's come packed with a Turbo C Compiler!!!!

We actually already know this. We see (no joke) hundreds of posts per year from Indian students. Our help doesn't help them.

That is because they just don't want to learn.
Here in India as the economy is growing many businesses are trying to get their websites up.
There are many Website creating companies with 2 people working in them but they also get the orders to create websites and some small scale Finance Management applications. As soon as they have to create something challenging they google and sometimes end up on forums like this and post their question in the Regular Begging for code format."Dear Sir, i have to do this give me code please".
so they just get the code save it up in their hard disks with some name like "This code do this" and voila.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Sounds like an awesome business model. Beg-Borrow-Steal.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#20 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

This model already exists- it's called government and the CEO is Uncle Sam. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostAphex19, on 16 August 2011 - 05:47 AM, said:

JackOfAllTrades speaks the truth.

Posted Image

6 mins ago...
That is kinda obvious.. just sayin..
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

This makes me sad. Because while I studied for my certificate in programming I had the chance to study with a few Indian men (who were paying the international student flat rate of $10000AUD each to study) and while their English wasnt very good, I helped them out with tasks, but they were in the top 10 of the class of 25 students. They studied their asses of. They went in on days off to study with the lecturers.because they actually valued getting their degrees. These people bribing their faculty for passes will get no where in life and will learn that very quickly when they leave their university and step out into the real world.

Also any name with deep on the end is incredibly common within Indian communities. As is the last name Singh (it translates to English as lion).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +