Your Take on the Future of Apple

  • (13 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »

185 Replies - 8526 Views - Last Post: 15 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

Poll: Fate of Apple (24 member(s) have cast votes)

What will Apple be in the future?

  1. It will slowly decline into just another Microsoft (12 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

  2. Jon Ive and Tim Cook will pick up the issues (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. We might need a new CEO folks (8 votes [33.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.33%

  4. Steve Jobs will obviously be back (4 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Craig328  Icon User is offline

  • I make this look good
  • member icon

Reputation: 1919
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,461
  • Joined: 13-January 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

I'm just curious why anyone would give a damn about "the Future of Apple" (capped as originally presented by the OP). It's a friggin' company. A corporation. They make products that appeal to some people. Those people buy those products. Corporation decides to make more products that appeal to people who, in turn, buy them. Repeat until sun burns out.

I've never fully understood the level of Apple love that you see amongst some people as though Apple and their products have attained such a vital aspect in those people's lives that the thought of being without them is akin to losing a child or something. It's pretty silly.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#32 lordofduct  Icon User is offline

  • I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon


Reputation: 2533
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,633
  • Joined: 24-September 10

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Blah blah blah, piss and whine...

I hate apple, I hate their products, I think they suck, that's that and I don't care what the fuck anyone else cares about it because I'm not them and they aren't me.

Good day.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#33 modi123_1  Icon User is online

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 9059
  • View blog
  • Posts: 34,021
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Queue the Bloodhound Gang's song "Shut up".

Quote

And I don't give a damn if you don't like me
Cause' I don't like you cause you're not like me

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#34 hookiethe1  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 416
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,335
  • Joined: 28-September 10

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

I'm anti-Apple, but I will admit, mostly for circumstantial and cultural reasons, rather than anything to do with the actual quality of their products.
I know that there are a lot of people who use Macs, have very good legitimate reasons for doing so, and keep their mouths shut about it. But then you have the whole, smug, holier-than-thou, "I'm awesome because I use a Mac" culture that just pisses me off. Especially when I'm at school and I see people all the time who I know never use anything more hardcore than a word processor, lugging around $1500-2000 Macbooks.
Then you have the anti-Windows crowd who love to talk about BSODs and reliability issues. Well I haven't had an reliability or stability issues since windows 2000, time to get some new material, people.
And since it was brought up, those ridiculous ads. OK, let's imagine for a second that computers were personified, and you're looking for a new one. Who are you going to put in charge of all your work and important documents, the guy who shows up in a suit, looking professional and ready to work, or some dopey looking kid, standing there in ripped jeans with his hands in his pockets?
One of my favorites was one from a few years back with some guy freaking out because he couldn't figure out how to plug all his cables into his PC. They're color coded, you fucking spastic, is Apple trying to say that their products are aimed at people too stupid to match colors?

I just don't get why it's cool to be an apple fanboy and bag microsoft, but not the other way around. Great, you own a mac, STFU because nobody gives a shit.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#35 Craig328  Icon User is offline

  • I make this look good
  • member icon

Reputation: 1919
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,461
  • Joined: 13-January 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

View Posthookiethe1, on 11 April 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

I'm anti-Apple, but I will admit, mostly for circumstantial and cultural reasons, rather than anything to do with the actual quality of their products.
I know that there are a lot of people who use Macs, have very good legitimate reasons for doing so, and keep their mouths shut about it. But then you have the whole, smug, holier-than-thou, "I'm awesome because I use a Mac" culture that just pisses me off. Especially when I'm at school and I see people all the time who I know never use anything more hardcore than a word processor, lugging around $1500-2000 Macbooks.
Then you have the anti-Windows crowd who love to talk about BSODs and reliability issues. Well I haven't had an reliability or stability issues since windows 2000, time to get some new material, people.
And since it was brought up, those ridiculous ads. OK, let's imagine for a second that computers were personified, and you're looking for a new one. Who are you going to put in charge of all your work and important documents, the guy who shows up in a suit, looking professional and ready to work, or some dopey looking kid, standing there in ripped jeans with his hands in his pockets?
One of my favorites was one from a few years back with some guy freaking out because he couldn't figure out how to plug all his cables into his PC. They're color coded, you fucking spastic, is Apple trying to say that their products are aimed at people too stupid to match colors?

I just don't get why it's cool to be an apple fanboy and bag microsoft, but not the other way around. Great, you own a mac, STFU because nobody gives a shit.



I'm going to go find a non-caffeine lounge post of yours and up-rep it right now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#36 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4503
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,409
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

you guys are weird, someone else being a dick or not being a dick about a product doesn't effect my perception about it at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#37 NeoTifa  Icon User is offline

  • Whorediot
  • member icon





Reputation: 2636
  • View blog
  • Posts: 15,656
  • Joined: 24-September 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

They're good businessmen in a sense that they know how to market and maximize their profit. I equate them more to the sleazy car salesman: they know how to hype you up and talk too much about the shiny new features and paint job to distract you from the potential piece of junk under the hood. Once you buy it and get it home, it breaks down, and when you call them to bitch at you they get all snotty back and are like "sorry, bro. As is. *click*" then laugh maniacally while tossing your hard earned money in the air and rubbing it all over their overly-purfumed, slightly obese naked bodies.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#38 modi123_1  Icon User is online

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 9059
  • View blog
  • Posts: 34,021
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

Man Neo - you make it sound like Apple is run by nothing but top of the line Hedonism Bots.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#39 creativecoding  Icon User is offline

  • Hash != Encryption
  • member icon


Reputation: 926
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,205
  • Joined: 19-January 10

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

View PostNeoTifa, on 11 April 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

They're good businessmen in a sense that they know how to market and maximize their profit. I equate them more to the sleazy car salesman: they know how to hype you up and talk too much about the shiny new features and paint job to distract you from the potential piece of junk under the hood. Once you buy it and get it home, it breaks down, and when you call them to bitch at you they get all snotty back and are like "sorry, bro. As is. *click*" then laugh maniacally while tossing your hard earned money in the air and rubbing it all over their overly-purfumed, slightly obese naked bodies.

And now they are rich cause nobody noticed it/didn't care.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#40 NeoTifa  Icon User is offline

  • Whorediot
  • member icon





Reputation: 2636
  • View blog
  • Posts: 15,656
  • Joined: 24-September 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Exactly, and they are.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#41 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4503
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,409
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

View PostNeoTifa, on 11 April 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

Once you buy it and get it home, it breaks down, and when you call them to bitch at you they get all snotty back and are like "sorry, bro. As is. *click*"

the only time an apple product i've owned ever broke, it was an ipod, and they replaced it no questions asked on the spot at the store.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#42 NeoTifa  Icon User is offline

  • Whorediot
  • member icon





Reputation: 2636
  • View blog
  • Posts: 15,656
  • Joined: 24-September 08

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

I couldn't get any support for mine, but I got it for free from a contest so it's not a big deal. I just wanted to make the analogy. :blush:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#43 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4503
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,409
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

oh well as long as you got to make the analogy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#44 creativecoding  Icon User is offline

  • Hash != Encryption
  • member icon


Reputation: 926
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,205
  • Joined: 19-January 10

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

View Postsupersloth, on 11 April 2011 - 09:33 AM, said:

View PostNeoTifa, on 11 April 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

Once you buy it and get it home, it breaks down, and when you call them to bitch at you they get all snotty back and are like "sorry, bro. As is. *click*"

the only time an apple product i've owned ever broke, it was an ipod, and they replaced it no questions asked on the spot at the store.


Are you serious? My friend dropped his iphone and the screen cracked. $200 repair for a piece of glass that cost a few cents to manufacture.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#45 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4503
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,409
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Your Take on the Future of Apple

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

100% serious.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (13 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »