Can't... code for longer than 10 minutes?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 2092 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can't... code for longer than 10 minutes?

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

View PostJ-e-L-L-o, on 16 April 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

View Postishkabible, on 13 April 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

im a big believer in what Raynes said. i always come back to C++ and Lua but i love to try out new languages and concepts.

a few interesting languages to learn

Lua - a simple and fast scripting language notable for it's "table" type

Lisp - a EXTREMELY interesting language with it's notable "list" type

assembly - doesn't really matter what architecture, it helps you understand a LOT of things better however. you will be a better programer after you start to understand some form of assembly

D - if you come from a C++ or Java(or maybe C#) background, D can be interesting language to look at. it's a systems level language that allows all the low level stuff C++ allows for (arguably more) yet most of the higher level features of Java or C#(most, not all).

web programing is always kinda neat to look into as well, not a big fan of it but i have done it never the less.

languages that really bend your way of thinking like Lisp and Assembly can really help your programing skills.

I agree with all this and I think you left a language out: Haskell. It is a pure functional language. You might find yourself getting more done without having to worry about syntax and typecasting as much with regular languages.

He left out a lot of languages. Don't think he was trying to be all encompassing. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

I think the problem probably come from ur eyes. Staring at tiny code for a long time would be very tired. Increase fonts size or wearing glasses (if you've got sick with ur eyes).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

I can say what a few other people have said. Just try something new and take long breaks. I know what you mean. I think I have A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. and a LOT of my friends agree with that statement. I have a really hard time concentrating so what I do is just cut on a good techno beat and I can get in a trance and work for several hours. I don't know what to tell you though. It's different for everyone.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +