3 Replies - 1104 Views - Last Post: 13 April 2011 - 02:12 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Encrypted mysql qerry

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

I want to encrypt the mysql querry and login sent to the mysql server in VB.NET is there an easy way? or is there any way?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Encrypted mysql qerry

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Encrypted mysql qerry

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

i have never heard of that, it would require your sql server to be able to decrypt your encoding automatically. your best solution for that would probabaly send the query over an ssl or ssh connection, unless you want to go for the obfuscation method, then just make your table names cryptic and unhelpful. one last method would be to encode your records in some way, send those records coded, store them coded, and when you retrieve the values, decode them again. they query would technically be encrypted and stored that way, but anyone could see what it is your sending.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

View PostServo, on 13 April 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

i have never heard of that, it would require your sql server to be able to decrypt your encoding automatically. your best solution for that would probabaly send the query over an ssl or ssh connection, unless you want to go for the obfuscation method, then just make your table names cryptic and unhelpful. one last method would be to encode your records in some way, send those records coded, store them coded, and when you retrieve the values, decode them again. they query would technically be encrypted and stored that way, but anyone could see what it is your sending.

yepp i have md5'd my password so i looks like jibberish but if you are good, you could find it.. and how do i open a ssl or ssh connection?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

View Postswehunter2000, on 13 April 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostServo, on 13 April 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

yepp i have md5'd my password so i looks like jibberish but if you are good, you could find it.. and how do i open a ssl or ssh connection?

here is a link that should help for ssl: http://msdn.microsof...y/ms189067.aspx

if you md5'd your password and are concerned about that, maybe other options (because i too am aware that md5 is somewhat easy to crack) maybe sha256 or sha512 as the one way hash, they are more secure (for now) functions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1