1 Replies - 427 Views - Last Post: 13 April 2011 - 06:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Any ColdFusion shared hosts that offer dedicated instances? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for a dedicated shared instance of ColdFusion?

1. < $50 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. $50-$75 (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. $75-$100 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. >$100 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Any ColdFusion shared hosts that offer dedicated instances?

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hey all,

I work for HostMySite.com and we are currently in the process of relaunching the brand. Long back story, but since we acquired Hosting.com our focus shifted to cloud and dedicated and HostMySite and CF really went to the back burner.

Even cloud seems to be shifting to a application centric focus and I don't see how CF should be any different. Sure you can get VPS +CF, but the pricing is probably often more than a small business or developer hosting some sights is able to pay (especially these days). Shared is often limited by resources and if someone else is doing something "bad" in the instance.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a host offering dedicated shared instances of CF (aside from a VPS, ie cloud). This is an idea I've been toying with and trying to do some kind of pricing analysis on, but haven't found out there aside from VPS. I'm thinking instances in a clustered J2EE configuration.

Also, if you're out there hosted on shared, how much of a premium would you be willing to pay? I already have an amount in mind that I think is doable and reasonable, but would like to see feedback on interest on the service.

Any thoughts or comments would be awesomeness.

Byron

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any ColdFusion shared hosts that offer dedicated instances?

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any ColdFusion shared hosts that offer dedicated instances?

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

Well, I'm no expert on hosting solutions but I use Viviotech for my site and they offer VPS and hosted solutions for Adobe CF, OpenBD and Railo. I've been doing some pretty unique things of late with my OpenBD site and have put their support folk through their paces. They're knowledgeable, responsive, patient and pleasant to deal with.

I moved from a NewAtlanta BD7 .Net/SQL Server 2005 on a Win 2K3 box in my home to a CentOS 5, OpenBD 1.4 /MySQL 5 setup so I had many teething pains but they've been very good to me. I couldn't recommend them more for their service, uptime and monitoring. I can't speak to price as they were one of the very few hosting solutions offering OpenBD at the time I was looking...but I don't feel I'm doing badly price wise.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1