• +
  • Last »

86 Replies - 8238 Views - Last Post: 30 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

William & Kate... What's the big deal?!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

Does anyone actually give a crap about Prince William and Kate's wedding? What's the deal with the whole royalty/figure head BS anyway?

Who would make a good King and Queen for the good ole' US of A and what would they do?

Maybe one of you crazy brits can weigh in on this, but I just don't get what all the hype is about.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: William & Kate... What's the big deal?!

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: William & Kate... What's the big deal?!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

Charlie Sheen = King of America. He would spend his entire day winning, and immediately order the beheading of anyone who was not winning.

EDIT: Also, as for William and Kate, I really don't care to hear anything about their relationship/wedding/whatever. I know that William is a prince, and do I really need to know anything more than that? Media puts far too much emphasis on "reporting" the relationship status of people who are viewed as celebrities or national figures. I really couldn't care less whether some prince from another country is marrying someone.

This post has been edited by Kilorn: 19 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

I'm not a Brit, and I have no care for the royal fam, but on the same note I could ask you crazy yankees what's up with Paris Hilton, the Jersey Shore people, etc etc.
It's a sign of how sad and pathetic our society is that so many people would rather live vicariously through these vapid, undeserving idols than put any effort into their own miserable lives. And since the good ole US of A is the original home of the overblown celebrity it makes for a shaky platform from which to throw stones.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

i dont care either but id imagine if i were british i would probably care just a teenie bit more. the king of the USA is obama, duuuuuuhh :punk:

and whats the point of having a wedding costs 10s of millions of dollars? i mean at what point do you go, hey this is going to be real nice and all but this money could probably be better spent on something better and more lasting. Even a 10 million dollar wedding would be pretty incredible, but i have seen that its going to be close to like 100 millions dollars. whats the point?

This post has been edited by bflosabre91: 19 April 2011 - 07:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

POPULAR

View Posthookiethe1, on 19 April 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

I'm not a Brit, and I have no care for the royal fam, but on the same note I could ask you crazy yankees what's up with Paris Hilton, the Jersey Shore people, etc etc.
It's a sign of how sad and pathetic our society is that so many people would rather live vicariously through these vapid, undeserving idols than put any effort into their own miserable lives. And since the good ole US of A is the original home of the overblown celebrity it makes for a shaky platform from which to throw stones.

Most Americans do not like Paris Hilton either. Please take her away. Far far away. The Jersey Shore epidemic is something that Americans are battling moreso than terrorism. Our country is being completely overrun by these guidos and douchebags and the majority of us want nothing more than for them to leave and never come back. These douchebags are polluting the minds of our women and turning them all into duckfaced, orange skinned morons. Please send aid.

This post has been edited by Kilorn: 19 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

I couldn't care less what the Brits are up to... but I would wager most of the hype is part of the fairytale life we are force fed from birth... "ooh, look, honey... you could be a princess one day!"

I can't wait until it's over so people will stop talking about it. I don't care what she's wearing. I don't care where they'll honeymoon. I don't care if he turns into a dick like his dad. It makes no difference in my life whatsoever.

And I think King Chris of Kenworthy Castle would be a nice touch here in the US. Although his alliance with skinny Mexicans boys might be akin to Scar and the hyenas....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

Who?

Edit: Oh these guys: http://www.telegraph...n-April-29.html

I'll probably watch it with my wife now because it seems something interesting to see. I mean, come on it's a Royal Wedding! That shit is from fairytales! :D

Now that I know about it, I really want to see it, personally.

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 19 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

I care enough to know I get a day off work. Yay additional bank holiday!

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 19 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

Me and the boys will be gleefully pre-gamming before the wedding. The invited tasked everyone to not shave this week, and to scrounge up a gawdy ballgown (or prom dress) from a thrift story of choice. Don the dress, bring a handle of booze, a thirty case of beer, and meat of choice. Chips and jagerbombs provided. Some mother f'n Black Ops on two TVs... the wedding on the big screen... ill jams pumping out the speakers! Billy and Kate in three plus eight! Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! TKE for life!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

It's a female's wet dream.

Must be the same media agencies that godess-ise Diana. If they could get an interview from a seance with her spirit they would do it so fast.

She's dead Jim.

As a thought If the French Reinoculation was televised, would this get higher or lower ratings?

This post has been edited by AdamSpeight2008: 19 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostKilorn, on 19 April 2011 - 07:45 AM, said:

View Posthookiethe1, on 19 April 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

Most Americans do not like Paris Hilton either. Please take her away. Far far away. The Jersey Shore epidemic is something that Americans are battling moreso than terrorism. Our country is being completely overrun by these guidos and douchebags and the majority of us want nothing more than for them to leave and never come back. These douchebags are polluting the minds of our women and turning them all into duckfaced, orange skinned morons. Please send aid.

I'd like to believe that, Kilorn, truly I would. But if it were the case those people would fade away into the background where they belong. Unfortunately the majority keep on eating up every bit of excrement these celebrities can produce and then barking up their asses for more. Sadly my friend, we do not speak for, nor understand the majority.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

View Postbflosabre91, on 19 April 2011 - 10:38 AM, said:

and whats the point of having a wedding costs 10s of millions of dollars? i mean at what point do you go, hey this is going to be real nice and all but this money could probably be better spent on something better and more lasting. Even a 10 million dollar wedding would be pretty incredible, but i have seen that its going to be close to like 100 millions dollars. whats the point?

You know what? With the PR problem the royal family has over there, you'd think they might consider saying "we're going to simply head over the Archbishop and have him marry us in a small private ceremony and we'll donate the money we would have spent on a huge, lavish wedding to charity". Prince William will be king one day and he'd get a hell of a lot more support for the throne from the average Brit with such a gesture.

Mind you, I understand that the marriage of the heir to the throne is a big deal so no such thing is possible...but they should think of something they could do in a philanthropic way that could offset the criticism of the whole pageant.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

no interest in state sponsored celebrities, but i would have sex with kate and not be embarrassed about it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

I couldn't care less about it. In fact, I wished they'd stfu about it. Nobody broadcast's normal people's weddings, why should their's be any different? They're just 2 people getting married. Whoopty fucking do.

And since the universe already revolves around me, I think it only natural that I should be queen of US of A.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

Well duh, if you're the next king of England and can't land a 10 or at least a high 9, you're doing it wrong. (@ sloth's post)

This post has been edited by hookiethe1: 19 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »