3 Replies - 2240 Views - Last Post: 02 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

WordPress Sidebar issues

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hello,

I am creating a site for someone using WordPress and have come into a sort of problem. They want to basically use WordPress as a CMS. So right now for example I have all the pages setup and when they add a new page it will show up in the navigation. A lot of their content is shown in a right sidebar. Now I know that I can make specific sidebars (home-sidebar.php, about-sidebar.php, contact-sidebar.php, etc) but how can I do it in a way that if the Admin adds a new page they will be able to also add sidebar content to that page specifically? Is this impossible or maybe is there some kind of widget that might be out there to help that someone might know?

Any and all answers are appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WordPress Sidebar issues

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: WordPress Sidebar issues

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

If it were me, I'd use custom fields. Not sure what kind of content you or the admin are going to want in the sidebar, but if you set up your sidebar to display the content of certain custom fields, you or the admin can change the content of those fields in the same page where you or they would edit the new page.

Custom Fields.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

Personally I would create a function (or plugin, but usually I hard code) which adds a box (or perhaps a widget selector.. though never done that before) to the page edit panel and then takes that to the sidebar. There is probably plugins for it already.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

Thank you both for the replys good information there. I did end up finding a plugin that was suitable enough to get the job done as needed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1