7 Replies - 1059 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Some criticism on my logo design?

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hey, I am looking for some people to help me out it the logo department. Maybe tell me what you think I could do to make them better, etc.

Here are some of my logos:
Posted Image
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Some criticism on my logo design?

• >>──(Knee)──►
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Some criticism on my logo design?

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

I think that they all look very clean and professional, my favourites are definitely:

• Frontier Builders
  • I-Bless
  • Surf School
  • Revolution

I do however think that Kadios logo has too many conflicting colours in it; and that wire going across the CURS or the Curse logo is a bit of a problem from a readability standpoint.

Otherwise excellent stuff! :rockon:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

All the logs are really good. Insane how clean they all look. I might suggest that maybe you can take the bar that is going through curse and try to wrap it behind curse in a oval end and stop it by I. I say this cause it make the word hard to read. You are really good with logo design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I also think they look pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the SURFING sd logo though, as it definitely does not compare to the rest of the logos you have done. As far as the iCurse logo goes I'd keep the line, but drop out the red background for the tip. Instead just make it one solid shape from end to tip that is red so that you get more of the devil's trident clearly. Then remove or reduce the white space in the gaps of the letters that the line cuts through.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

The whole i(something) is now, but what happens tomorrow ? Metaphorically speaking.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Absolutely gorgeous. Just one note, I found the colors on the kadios.com logo look a lot similar to the ones on the Picasa logo. Just my opinion. But very very nice :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Use a maximum of 2-3 colors. If you're not already look into using illustrator.

Make sure to avoid reflections and excessive gradients. A good logo can be rendered at several different sizes and maintain integrity.

The point of a logo is to be simple but memorable. Remember: simple.

Simplicity is king and typography is god. Do a heavy amount of research into typography and purchasing fonts, you'll need an effective arsenal of pro class fonts to contend in the major leagues of design. Helvetica, Futura, and Gills Sans are among a few of the best fonts available.

You're off to a good start but it'll take a good amount of time to really grasp onto those concepts and some things really aren't instant fixes.

You don't have any real bad habits save the reflection use and some of the gradients being unreadable and overly noticeable. What you need now is experience over anything else.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

As a fellow graphic designer, I find your work very satisfying. The only thing that I don't think works is the background of the "I Bless" logo. Maybe if it was blown up I could see it better, but the low opacity makes the background very hard to make out.

I also think that the reflection on the "I Curse" logo would only really work in a website application. If it was being made for a sign or a van or something, I would lose the reflection.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1