IE script help

looking for some help in scripts

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 1532 Views - Last Post: 13 January 2007 - 09:01 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

IE script help

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

I need some help getting a script done for internet explorer. I work in a library and we need to get it so that if the computer is not being used for a certain amount of time, it will close internet explore down, then reopen internet explorer so that it resets it to the home page and closes out of all the previous pages info. Can someone help me? I know a little c++ but nothing else... I am in real need. I do not even know where to start. Everything I have searched for online has turned up nothing for me, except a program that may or may not do it... if I pay for it. We are a library, we have little money in our budget (small town library).

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: IE script help

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: IE script help

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:01 AM

View Postgryphin, on 12 Jan, 2007 - 02:36 PM, said:

I need some help getting a script done for internet explorer. I work in a library and we need to get it so that if the computer is not being used for a certain amount of time, it will close internet explore down, then reopen internet explorer so that it resets it to the home page and closes out of all the previous pages info. Can someone help me? I know a little c++ but nothing else... I am in real need. I do not even know where to start. Everything I have searched for online has turned up nothing for me, except a program that may or may not do it... if I pay for it. We are a library, we have little money in our budget (small town library).

I guess there are many ways to solve you're problem.
I guess the easiest way you can solve this, is
Display properties -> Screen saver -> Power ...shut down? It will help to save some energy, but if you have a server based system with terminals, log off would be preferred.

OR

I added a vb.net code with what you could close all opened internet explorer's and open a new one, you ca find it here.

But in your case you need to detect if system has retrieved mouse/keyboard input within certain amount of time. You can do this by using SetWindowsHookEx API.

You can find a good example HoTo use SetWindowsHookEx API here.

So add a timer that checks when was the last input been made. If it exceeds the time you think is about right, restart the IE. Thats it.

Hope it helped :D

This post has been edited by m2s87: 13 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1