4 Replies - 16038 Views - Last Post: 15 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Disable Right Click Using HTML/CSS

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

HOW CAN I DISABLE RICK CLICK USING HTML????

Ive found several ways to do this using Javascript, but I cant find a code for HTML. Im trying this on Myspace which has Javascript disabled. If it isnt possible thats fine, just thought Id ask before I give up.

Ive read a prior post on this subject and I am aware that a user simply has to view the source to find what they need. Im actually only doing this to see if I can... Im fairly new to HTML and Im enjoying trying all the different ways to manipulate it. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Disable Right Click Using HTML/CSS

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Disable Right Click Using HTML/CSS

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

As far as I am aware, you cannot disable a mouse using html. Mouse click are events that occur, and html does not allow for event processing on a client machine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Unless the client has modified some of their explorer files they will always have the ability and menu for a right click event, unless you have javascript telling the event to return with nothing. Sadly that is what must be done here as HTML has no authority over the user's computer, only the format in which they see the page that has loaded in front of them.

Sorry for this, however javascript has been disabled there for the same reason it is disabled on any other site I know of, to stop people from redirecting their viewers to other sites or pages.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:51 AM

:music: Thanks For The Replies!

I antisipated these replies, but I figured it would be worth a shot to ask. Thanks for reading.

Tim
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

Also, "disabling" right clicks doesn't and can't stop anyone since there are keyboard shortcuts and not to mention the menus from the browser (File, View, Bookmarks/Favorites, etc.).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1