5 Replies - 3716 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2011 - 10:03 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

2D Graphics with .Net (C#)

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'm currently attempting to program a Gameboy emulator in C#. I want to begin working on video related hardware, and I have a problem.

I've done game programming in C++ and a BASIC variant called FreeBasic using the Allegro library. Unfortunately, no such library seems to exist for the .net framework . What are my options for 2D graphics in my emulator? Are there any game libraries similar to Allegro for .Net?

I've played around with 3D in XNA, but it seems the 2D side of it isn't "low-level" enough for what I'm doing, since I need to emulate an LCD screen that uses scan-lines and special video interrupts to allow the gameboy programs to do special effects with its sprite-based system. (Holy crap that was one sentence X( )

Any suggestions?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: 2D Graphics with .Net (C#)

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: 2D Graphics with .Net (C#)

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

I'd be interested in the answer to this one as well, last time I checked there wasn't anything that I could find.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:28 AM

There is SDL.NET you can't really go wrong with that :)

*changed topic title to be more decriptive*
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

View Poststayscrisp, on 27 April 2011 - 02:28 AM, said:

There is SDL.NET you can't really go wrong with that :)

*changed topic title to be more decriptive*

Wow, I hadn't thought about searching for a managed version of SDL, you're the man stayscrisp :D. I didn't like the lack of documentation for mallegro, this is MUCH better!

And thanks for changing the title... I should've realized it was off :\
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

Very cool, definitely let us know when the emulator is up and running. The Gameboy advance SP with the clamshell was my favorite. Would really love to play it on my Xbox 360, but I'm sure there might be more than a few legal hoops in providing games for it :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

View PostPrototypical, on 27 April 2011 - 08:46 AM, said:

Very cool, definitely let us know when the emulator is up and running. The Gameboy advance SP with the clamshell was my favorite. Would really love to play it on my Xbox 360, but I'm sure there might be more than a few legal hoops in providing games for it :)

Haha well... 3k lines in and haven't even started to work on video related stuff yet. Might be a while but if I can get it to a state that I deem worthy of sharing, I'll definitely release the code :P

Edit: And this is only a gameboy color emulator X(. I didn't think about the fact that the GBA can run GBC games... Way too late now, but maybe that can be another project to try :P. Not sure if GBA can be emulated with the interpretation method though (vs. dynamic translation, which I don't know how to accomplish in any language, C# least of all)

This post has been edited by RevTorA: 27 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1