4 Replies - 621 Views - Last Post: 28 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

#1 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Drupal - Misery...

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

I was poking through some Drupal documentation and came across this project!

http://drupal.org/project/misery

Misery is a module designed to make life difficult for certain users. It can be used:

* As an alternative to banning or deleting users from a community.
* As a means by which to punish members of your website.
* To delight in the suffering of others.

Currently you can force users (via permissions/roles, editing their user account, or using Troll IP blacklists) to endure the following misery:

* Delay: Create a random-length delay, giving the appearance of a slow connection. (by default this happens 40% of the time)
* White screen: Present the user with a white-screen. (by default this happens 10% of the time)
* Wrong page: Redirect to a random URL in a predefined list. (by default this happens 0% of the time)
* Random node: Redirect to a random node accessible by the user. (by default this happens 10% of the time)
* 403 Access Denied: Present the user with an "Access Denied" error. (by default this happens 10% of the time)
* 404 Not Found: Present the user with a "Not Found" error. (by default this happens 10% of the time)
* Forms don't submit: Redirect back to the form during validation to prevent submission. (by default this happens 60% of the time) Note: Occasionally certain forms validate based on which button was pressed, this won't work in those cases.
* Crash IE6: If the user is using Internet Explorer 6, this will crash their browser. (by default this happens 0% of the time)

Oh lordy lord. This might push me over the edge to updating my site from just php and css to fully buying into the Drupal CMS!

Has anyone implemented this yet? Perhaps used the inspiring vBulletin hack: "Miserable Users"? Hell maybe you just coded this up for fun?

With a full fledged CMS I would imagine you could make it pretty amusing. Flip the content upside down? Or at least the images?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Drupal - Misery...

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Drupal - Misery...

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

Oh my god.. they even have a 'cave project' for trolls.

http://drupal.org/project/cave

This module allows administrators to hide a users posts from all other users. This is an effective strategy for dealing with troublesome users as it discourages attempts to evade bans.

You can ban user accounts, entire user roles, or (coming soon) IP addresses

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

Okay, that is just awesome! I've done a couple of Drupal 6 CMS for some clients and have never heard of this module! No Drupal 7 support yet though, maybe in the future.. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 27 April 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

Oh my god.. they even have a 'cave project' for trolls.

http://drupal.org/project/cave

This module allows administrators to hide a users posts from all other users. This is an effective strategy for dealing with troublesome users as it discourages attempts to evade bans.

You can ban user accounts, entire user roles, or (coming soon) IP addresses

I call those hellbans. And imo if I ever have a forum, I will use them. The user has no idea they have been banned and to them, they are another member of the forums. But to everybody else, they are simply not there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

Side note - if anyone has any other just amazingly fun or quirky packages for drupal they seen or used drop a note here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1