2 Replies - 2318 Views - Last Post: 02 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem with asp.net mobile website

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

Hi
I am a programer, and I am working on a web application that is going to be used mostly by mobiles. I am working on Visual Studio 2005 since the 2008 doesn't use web mobile forms. The problem is that I cannot use SQL data bidings with the mobile forms because they say I can only use mobile web object on a mobile form,except if I use a template. But I don't know how to create templates let alone use them. I am using a database for registrations, but if I cannot use sql objects on the form how can I do? How can I create a template? Can I create a Asp.net website and convert it for mobile web later?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with asp.net mobile website

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with asp.net mobile website

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

Sure... create a standard ASP.NET website and in the code all you have to do is setup a viewport meta tag to tell visiting browsers that if they are mobile, size appropriately.

Check out this resource for more information on this meta tag...

Mobile Meta Tags - Learn the mobile web

I have developed a mobile web store which queries a database using C# and allows people to order products directly from mobile devices using a standard web page, CSS (keep in mind that CSS can be limited on some mobile devices so be sure to check out which CSS definitions will work on the major mobile browsers) and the viewport meta tag to help give it more perspective.

Keep your site liquid in its width (remember phones can no go from portrait to landscape just by rotating the device) and you are good to go. Just check out Yahoo's mobile site on your desktop and a mobile to see the difference (Yahoo Mobile)

Hope this helps! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Problem with asp.net mobile website

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

Yes it helped, thank you so much, I will try it right away and tell you how it went.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1