So who heard about what happened in Australia?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

53 Replies - 1879 Views - Last Post: 09 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

So who heard about what happened in Australia?

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

So I am stumbling through the internet and I come up on this page.

It says that an Australian man killed his daughter after he posted something on Facebook. He stabbed her repeatedly and left her to die. The girl was only 2 years old.

So, what are your thoughts on this? I at first figured that anyone who saw that post either A) thought it was just an exaggeration or something or B)knew that he was crazy and was probably gonna do it. By exaggeration I mean the things (usually immature) people will sometimes say when frustrated. Such as "OMG I hate my Lit. class, we didn't get anything done, Ima kill my group-project members".

I have also heard a few people say that local authorities should monitor FB statuses for things like this that could possibly lead to crimes and such. I think that would be a waste of time as many things won't actually happen and are really just exaggerations like mentioned before. However lots of them actually are serious threats which would need to be identified as such.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: So who heard about what happened in Australia?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: So who heard about what happened in Australia?

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Why the fuck do I read this shit, just fucks up my day. I hope that shitstain spends the rest of his life in rotting in jail.

To top it off he gets bent out of shape over some broad who left him?! WHAT THE FUCK THERE ARE MILLIONS OF WOMEN OUT THERE. LITERALLY. MILLIONS.

Get the fuck outta here man, over a woman!?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

That is the worst type of person. Definitely something wrong with the guy in the head. That's awful.

On a related side, I saw an article a month or two ago where people are writing software and storing social network data in an enterprise data warehouse where they are writing algorithms to predict what people are going to do next. After all, humans have tendencies and are beasts of habit. And people seem to put every move they make on facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. I think in the right hands it could catch criminals and weirdos before they do bad things.

This post has been edited by SurfingShark: 04 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Sergio... It's nice to see you could find such nice
words for the world to read. If you were on my website
or server you would have been banned instantly. Here's
hoping you will mature one day.
Was This Post Helpful? -23
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

Its the caffeine lounge. Get used to it or GTFO. That's pretty much the attitude in here.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Sounded like an appropriate reaction to such a horrid story. Take your disgust out and lack of maturity on the subject at hand, not a father who can't understand how anybody could do that to their child.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

View Posthagar5, on 04 May 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

Sergio... It's nice to see you could find such nice
words for the world to read. If you were on my website
or server you would have been banned instantly. Here's
hoping you will mature one day.

And that's the reason why we're on DIC and not your shitty forumnation 'forum'.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

That was the kind of flaming he was complaining about, the sort of person that goes off his head over nothing, or at least nothing to do with him personaly. Killing a child to get back at a woman you have split, divorced or whatever is bad, very bad and what was worse is he said he wanted to kill himself but "never had the balls", man was gutless, callous and selfish, death would be too good for him and he will very likely get life. Just worries me that, he has to flame to get his point accross?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

You completely lost me. Who was complaining what to whom?

Nevermind, you're probably trolling.

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 04 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Sounds like a crazy person. They crop up every once in a while. However there are billions of women not just millions. As for government monitoring Facebook I doubt that that is legal and if I said I'm going to kill my roommate on Facebook no one would think I was serious. Plus it sounds like he kidnapped her for a bit and texted her mom that he was going to hurt her so the cops where probably called and weren't able to find him in time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 04 May 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

To top it off he gets bent out of shape over some broad who left him?! WHAT THE FUCK THERE ARE MILLIONS OF WOMEN OUT THERE. LITERALLY. MILLIONS.

Yeah, that was one of my thoughts as well. The last time I heard, it was that there are lik 1.25 women per men in the world, but that may be wrong. Either way there are a TON of women out there.

View PostSurfingShark, on 04 May 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

That is the worst type of person. Definitely something wrong with the guy in the head. That's awful.

On a related side, I saw an article a month or two ago where people are writing software and storing social network data in an enterprise data warehouse where they are writing algorithms to predict what people are going to do next. After all, humans have tendencies and are beasts of habit. And people seem to put every move they make on facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. I think in the right hands it could catch criminals and weirdos before they do bad things.

wow that is actually really cool. I wonder if that could actually be used for crime prevention and whatnot. Could you find this article or try to remember a title or something so i could find this? Because I am very interested in it.

This post has been edited by Fuingurth: 04 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Unless you're Chinese
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostFuingurth, on 04 May 2011 - 10:15 PM, said:

View PostSurfingShark, on 04 May 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

wow that is actually really cool. I wonder if that could actually be used for crime prevention and whatnot. Could you find this article or try to remember a title or something so i could find this? Because I am very interested in it.

I've never heard about what he mentioned but I do remember seeing this awhile back. http://www.guardian....lert-samaritans
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

@KYA I assume this was before I edited my post and added my reply to sergiotappa.
Could you please expand on this? Cuz, I am kinda lost. Why chinese?

This post has been edited by Fuingurth: 04 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

Illegal for the government to monitor facebook? First off, I doubt that. The internet is public data, and facebook is on the internet. And if I remember correctly it wasn't the government that was doing it. No specific organization, moreso just a trend. And no, it's not for somebody who says the'll kill somebody, it's more for catching somebody they know has caused a crime. If they go to walmart every tuesday afternoon and post that on facebook, LEOs might go to walmart on the next thursday afternoon expecting them to be there. That sort of thing. Predicting actions and locations of people based on past trends. Very interesting.

I'll try to find the article. It was a very interesting read, and my only surprise is that this wasn't attempted earlier on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »