2 Replies - 2574 Views - Last Post: 09 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Best Method To Protect A Program

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

hey guys, at the moment i am developing a program that does maths work, and provides the working for srtudents. a kind of homework completer. at the moment i am looking at program protection so i have looked into cd keys and letter sequences. i will program it to dump a text file to c:/ and check for the text file on startup. to check my concept, i have used
Public Class Form1
    Dim code1 As String

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        code1 = TextBox1.Text
        If code1.Contains("V") = True And code1.Contains("M") = True And code1.Contains("X") = True And code1.Contains("Z") = True Then
            MsgBox("concept works")
        Else
            MsgBox("no.")
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

what i was wondering is is there another better, more secure method??? sorry for the double post, i accidentally clicked post by reflex.. thanks for any help in advance....

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best Method To Protect A Program

• 4+1=Moo
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best Method To Protect A Program

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

Depends on what you're trying to protect your program from. Decompilers? Piracy? Other?

To protect from decompilers, you would use a Obfuscator like Dotfuscator. Theres a free version that comes with the paid Visual Studio.

For anti-piracy (i.e. using serial numbers), I recommend looking at this thread: http://answers.googl.../id/121722.html

This post has been edited by JackOfAllTrades: 18 May 2011 - 06:35 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed unnecessary quote

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 raziel_  Icon User is online

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best Method To Protect A Program

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

Nothing can protect you from piracy the most secure method i know is hardware plug that will be unique for your every program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1