3 Replies - 4001 Views - Last Post: 15 February 2007 - 03:54 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Combo box

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

Hi I've searched several other threads to see if it contained what I needed, but I didn't find anything. I have a combo box with four items that I have placed inside a movie clip. When the movie clips loads up the items disappear?? Not too sure if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks for your help
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Combo box

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Combo box

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

To clarify… you have one movieclip that we will call container and another one called content….. content has a combo box with for items in it….. and when container loads content no items show up in the combo box…

If this is what is happening the way to solve it is to drag an instance on the combobox onto the stage, but off screen, of the container movie… Your combobox will start working again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Yes there is one movie clip with some tweening that will place the combo box on the stage. I didn't realize that there were restrictions on a combo box in a movie clip?? But yes when I play this movie clip all items in the combo box disappear, but if I remove the combo box and just place it on a layer by itself it plays fine????
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• still.dreaming
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:54 AM

If the combobox is being tweened as well, then in the next new keyframe it is empty because it's like putting it fresh on the stage again. You have to fill it with content again.

That goes the same for objects like text boxes, radio buttons.. any inputable/changable elements
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1