1 Replies - 1037 Views - Last Post: 15 May 2011 - 10:28 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Idea for thesis

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

Good day to you all,

I was just wandering if I can ask for idea for my thesis proposal, well I actually had several ideas but I need a lot of suggestion. Can you suggest what can I do for it? I know how to use vb.net, only a bit because I learned some vb 6.0 at school and just add some of it to use vb.net I'm a beginner with it, connect database to it, MSSQL or Access, and some beginners trick.

here are some of my ideas but actually I don't know how to do it I just browse some on the internet and came up with it:
1. Mail manager - something like mozilla thunderbird or MS Outlook but with personal preferrence.
2. PC Security Lock - something like desktop locking system that will prevent unauthorized use of your PC with password protect but the key feature of this is that you can only unlock it by inserting the USB flash drive where the password is saved (I think this is very simple unlike the first one and I actually don't know how to do it with the Flash drive except with an autorun^^)

thanks in advance I will really appreciate any comments and suggestion that you will reply.
thanks again.

P.S.
I'm doing this alone with no partner whatsoever^^

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Idea for thesis

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Idea for thesis

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

1. Both referred solutions can be personalised to some extent.
2. What's to prevent me (as Hacker) copying the drive?

What about creating a solution to solve the common problem, of students coming up with thesis idea? Eg A Thesis Idea Generator.

Why are you look for/at a project that (to me) is the equivalent to hammering a nail into a block of wood?

I think the "good" thesis projects, are the one the suggest a possible solution to an issue or problem.
Example. Using the Kinect and 2D Bar Codes the help the blind navigate.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1