3 Replies - 5278 Views - Last Post: 03 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

issue with iphone backup

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hey guys,

I have a client who has a corrupted backup from her iphone. I have all the plist, mddata and mdinfo files, but they are encrypted. To make a long story short, I am unable to access the data by any means (itunes, sqlite, etc.). I need to know if there is a way to decrypt the info in these files for her. I will not be able to post any code in regards to this as it would violate my data privacy agreement with the client... This is not my realm of expertise by any means, and I'm a little lost here. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: issue with iphone backup

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: issue with iphone backup

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

It should be fairly straight forward if you can figure out what type of encryption it is. Once you find out, just look it up on macupdate.com or another similar site to find an app that will decrypt it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

"How to decrypt an encrypted Apple iTunes iPhone backup?"

Try Oxygen Forensic Suite 2011 Trial! You can get it from http://www.oxygen-fo...c.com/en/trial/ I have tried version 3.3.0.270. It works, I think. I am not 100% sure because it decrypted all the sms messages but did not find calendar/addressbook/notes/callhistory files, so it was not able to recover them, maybe not the fault of that SW.

BTW inside there is the Elcomsoft suite if you do not know the password (not tried).

Good luck!

Iphone Application Development
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

Hi ,
When you delete the SMS on your iPhone, it is technically hidden and marked for deletion, you can get it back on your iPhone before it has been overwritten with the help from iPubsoft iTunes Data Recovery which can help you easily get back all your iPhone data, including SMS, videos, audio, photos, Contacts, call list and eBooks from iTunes back up without any loss.

Read More:
http://www.ipubsoft....-on-iphone.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1